No announcement yet.

comedians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Dan Soder on Friday at ACME. Thanks for my debilitating "WE NEED TO GET THERE EARLY" mindset from my waiting in line for movie ticket games, we picked up our tickets and then were able to eat without worrying about losing seats. 3 seats from the front of the stage (ACME is small but awesome) was perfect. Got the whole crowd to stare at us when the opener was talking about cults and how he used to be an evangelical and then he asked if anyone was familiar with Heaven's Gate (young crowd) and no one was saying anything so I WOOOOOO'd a bit too loudly and threw him for a loop. I just really like HG mannnnn. But yeah, Soder killed, re-enforced how much the Bonfire has gone down hill without him, and I can't wait for him to just release his own show already.

Now we wait for Jimmy Carr in Oct and then Ari Shaffir (yet again) in Nov.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The new Stavros special on Netflix was pretty funny.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The latest Dimitri Martin Netflix special was hilarious. Dude is doing his thing and it was like I was back in 2006 and it was great. This one is if like Frasier Crane decided to edit a comedy special. Pretty funny.

Comment

• Saw Maria Bamford last night. Instead of feeling like the old people in the room like most of the other comedians we've seen, we definitely were on the youngest side OR *humblebrag* I've aged slightly better...

She is still just as funny as she was when I first discovered her back in 2005 in the amazing Comedians of Comedy documentary with Patton "I used to be funny" Oswalt, Brian "I'm still funny, but never broke through all the way" Posehn, Zach "pre blow up" Galifianakis, and her. She fucking killed it last night. Knowing all of the mental struggles she has gone through over the years, parents dying, psych breaks, etc... and her being able to find a way to make it funny gives me a tiny bit of relief that I may make it through to the end OR I'll end up in multiple self help groups, thrown in a mental hospital, or maybe my kids book I've had a stupid idea for years may be the thing that will make things a bit better.

Either way, it was a pretty fun night and it's been a while.

Comment

• At 56, going on 57, I'm a big kid, and I want to read this kid's book of yours.

Comment

Working...
            X