No announcement yet.

comedians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking love Stanhope. that a was great read.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

He is really good.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Colin Murphy and Frankie Boyle are the first two names that spring to mind for current comedians. They're the only two I consider 100% dependable for laughs. Especially, the former. Murphy's so under-rated it's ridiculous (if you check out his work on the Irish satirical show The Panel, you'll see what I mean.) One of the best improvers I've ever seen. Like lightning. And I'm not just saying that 'cos he's a Belfast boy. Though, that's certainly a plus.

Speaking of...

Patrick Kielty's gotten a bit sweary lately and it feels like a weird fit for him, but he's still solid, too.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

I'll bump this thread a bit.

More and more US comedians are coming in Montreal outside the Just for Laugh festival, which is pretty big. Managed to see my favorite Louis CK on his Hilarious tour last year, and fucking Doug Stanhope, who also killed. 3 years ago Eddie Izzard did a mini-tour and came over and we got front-row tickets. It's one of those comedians that can't be translated on a CD, which is my main way to discover those guys.

Also, a sort-of revelation, Christopher Titus. His show on FOX a few years ago as funny, and Stacey Keach KILLED as his father, but on stage he's actually really impressive. His The Fifth Annual End of the World Tour is a classic.

A Just for Laugh gala hosted by John Clesse was worth it if only to see him shred it on stage. Glorious.

Now I'm waiting for my other favorite Patton Oswalt to come over.

EDIT: And other comedians I enjoy, like Carlin, old Eddie Murphy and his bush bitch, Lewis Black, the genius of Mitch Hedberg, some Lampanelli (her act is always the same...), Aziz Anzari, Brian Posehn and so on...
          Last edited by Martin; 02-20-2011, 05:46 AM.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Just watch Patrice O'Neal on CC last night. I laughed but it seems as though he focuses too much on sexism and racism.

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vLs9ozsGFi0?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Love me some Kinane.
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

He's got the goods.

Same with Brett Gelman and Jon Daly.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dK8Y2nO_8TM?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Also, I was too drunk to type this last night, but Hannibal Buress's "My Name Is Hannibal" is another hilarious, underrated album from last year.
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Louis CK rules so much.

NSFW language.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GuineaJa...20/FeaaKh9cwcU

Comment

yep, the fact he never flat out denied the lizard stuff is great,.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Didnt see the link above. My link has an hour before and after the interview.

Comment

<table style="font: 11px arial; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="340" width="512"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;">Jokes.com</td><td style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold;"></td></tr><tr style="height: 14px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;" colspan="2">Al Madrigal - Mexican Party Supply</td></tr><tr style="height: 14px; background-color: rgb(53, 53, 53);" valign="middle"><td colspan="2" style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; width: 512px; overflow: hidden; text-align: right;">comedians.comedycentral.com</td></tr><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><embed style="display: block;" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:382997" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000" height="288" width="512"></td></tr><tr style="height: 18px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><table style="margin: 0px; text-align: center;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Jokes</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Joke of the Day</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Funny Jokes</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
                              <table style="font: 11px arial; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="340" width="512"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;">Jokes.com</td><td style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold;"></td></tr><tr style="height: 14px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;" colspan="2">Al Madrigal - Cholo Soccer Dad</td></tr><tr style="height: 14px; background-color: rgb(53, 53, 53);" valign="middle"><td colspan="2" style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; width: 512px; overflow: hidden; text-align: right;">comedians.comedycentral.com</td></tr><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><embed style="display: block;" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:383002" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000" height="288" width="512"></td></tr><tr style="height: 18px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><table style="margin: 0px; text-align: center;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Jokes</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Joke of the Day</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Funny Jokes</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
                              <table style="font: 11px arial; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="340" width="512"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;">Jokes.com</td><td style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold;"></td></tr><tr style="height: 14px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;" colspan="2">Al Madrigal - Highly Allergic</td></tr><tr style="height: 14px; background-color: rgb(53, 53, 53);" valign="middle"><td colspan="2" style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; width: 512px; overflow: hidden; text-align: right;">comedians.comedycentral.com</td></tr><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><embed style="display: block;" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:383005" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000" height="288" width="512"></td></tr><tr style="height: 18px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><table style="margin: 0px; text-align: center;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Jokes</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Joke of the Day</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Funny Jokes</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
                              <table style="font: 11px arial; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="340" width="512"><tbody><tr style="background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;">Jokes.com</td><td style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; text-align: right; font-weight: bold;"></td></tr><tr style="height: 14px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 2px 1px 0px 5px;" colspan="2">Al Madrigal - Talking Back</td></tr><tr style="height: 14px; background-color: rgb(53, 53, 53);" valign="middle"><td colspan="2" style="padding: 2px 5px 0px; width: 512px; overflow: hidden; text-align: right;">comedians.comedycentral.com</td></tr><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><embed style="display: block;" src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:383010" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="autoPlay=false" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000" height="288" width="512"></td></tr><tr style="height: 18px;" valign="middle"><td style="padding: 0px;" colspan="2"><table style="margin: 0px; text-align: center;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" height="100%" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="middle"><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Jokes</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Joke of the Day</td><td style="padding: 3px; width: 33%;">Funny Jokes</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Celebrity Buzz Mitch Hedberg's widow Lynn Shawcroft has relaunched his official website with new never before seen videos and notebook entries. Check out one of those new videos below and have your day made instantly better. RIP Mitch.

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VzZXnJ9MgwM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X