No announcement yet.

comedians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't allow phones (and apparently smart watches as well...that was fun) and you have to put them in a special case and then you get to hold them the whole show. Then at the end of the show an entire arena is trying to get their cases unlocked. Thankfully people were drunk and I was sober and saw a dude that no one was going to, so I grabbed lesleys hand, dipped under the line and got them unlocked.

Burr was okay, assuming he did the same closer as on his special (mushrooms) but like half of the set he did was just making fun of MN. He wasn't bad but he seemed off.. His opener was pretty funny but Ari Shaffir has been the best I've seen so far this summer. Have a feeling Mark Normand will be pretty great as its the same small theater that Shaffir played at.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Burr was okay, assuming he did the same closer as on his special (mushrooms) but like half of the set he did was just making fun of MN.
      Duuuuude, not cool. It’s one thing if they’re from that state and are doing “wink wink nudge nudge” bits. Otherwise, fuck off with focusing on state jokes.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Oh I was completely fine with it as he wasn't wrong. We are a bunch of passive aggressive liberal assholes who don't reallllly do that much except ice fish. lol.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• pumped to see Mark Normand next weekend. Late show so I hope my mood stays good until we go. I prefer Friday night shows as I'm working and busy all day but this is a Saturday at like 10pm and I'm an old man.

Comment

• Andy Fiori's latest special is pretty funny. Merc Face Andy is pretty great.

Comment

• Mark Normand was pretty fucking funny as to be expected. I was only a bit bummed at our audience during the last bit of his show when he asks for topics. So many drunk dudes just yelling out HUNTER BIDEN! BRETT FAVRE! HILLARY CLINTON!

Mark was not feeling it, it got awkward, he made a joke about feeling like him and the crowd just fucked and he should probably just leave (nice callback to a previous joke) but otherwise solid shit from him. His opener was GREAT though. Never heard of the dude but reached out to him via Instagram to tell him he made a new fan and he's been messenging me all weekend. Solid dude. Ali Sultan is his name. Dude was hilarious.
              Last edited by Abraham Smashington; 10-24-2022, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• With all of the shitty anti-semitism that's been rearing it's ugly head in the world these days, it was a perfect time for Ari Shaffir (one of my fav comedians) to release his new special. I legit learned a bunch of shit about Judaism and laughed my ass off. Still one of the best live shows we've seen lately. The entire special is all about his religion and it's fucking hilarious.

Comment

• Definitely want to check that one out.
                  Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Ari's special ruled
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's so good. I fucking love Shaffir so much. Legit in the top 5 of working comedians today.

Comment

• Excited to see Taylor Tomlinson tonight. Comedy is the only thing that gets us out of the house now. She's fucking great.

Comment

• I’m going to see her on St. Paddy’s Day in Columbus with my friend! I’m so fucking excited!

Comment

• Just watched Neal Brennan’s new special on Netflix. So good.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                              I’m going to see her on St. Paddy’s Day in Columbus with my friend! I’m so fucking excited!
                              She killed it. Having Dustin open for her was fun too as they did some "couple counseling" in the middle of the show and the people that raised their hands had some funny fucking issues.

Comment

• Joe List's new special is pretty good!

Comment

Working...
                                X