Funny Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clubbing is fuckin' turrible.

Sometimes it's associated with heart disease, but I think in his case, Rourke beat that back by being a genetic freak with silly hair.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• What's freaking you guys out about his nails? What am I missing? Are they so big they're filled with secrets?
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• They are the talons of a dragon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nail_clubbing
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You...you just cost me 1.37 for this yogurt.

I hope you're happy, you dragontalon fan.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Huh... weird.

I have weird ridges on my thumbnails only - I have no idea what they are, but the rest of my nails are normal. Perhaps I should get that checked out!
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                Huh... weird.

I have weird ridges on my thumbnails only - I have no idea what they are, but the rest of my nails are normal. Perhaps I should get that checked out!
                Vertical fingernail ridges are a common fingernail disorder. Nails are known to be one of the the best barometers of a good health condition. This is the reason, many a times your doctor checks your nail to identify if there is any health problem like circulatory problem, respiratory disorder, anemia or thyroid disease. But mind you, if you realize that there are vertical ridges on your fingernails, you need not worry because they are quite harmless. You need to properly distinguish between vertical fingernail ridges and horizontal fingernail ridges, because horizontal ones may be an indication of underlying illness or medical condition. Of course, they are a big problem for the ones who love to have beautiful and flawless hands. Even though they are not limited to the elderly, they are characteristic of aging. So, what exactly are the vertical fingernail ridges, how do they look like and what is the cause of fingernail ridges? Here are the answers.

What are Vertical Fingernail Ridges and Its Causes?
                You may have the proper nail color, no brittleness, no layers, good length, good shape of the tips, good condition of the cuticle, but...you can see a 'rail and groove' effect over your nail which starts from your nail base till the nail tip. This is not just on the present nail bed, but the nail plate keeps growing forwards in the similar pattern. These are the vertical fingernail ridges, one of the common fingernail problems and are indicative of fingernail health.

As we grow older, the levels of natural oil and moisture goes on declining in our nail plates and this effect becomes apparent. So these ridges generally become prominent with growing age and are usually not an indication of unhealthy or any serious medical condition. These are also known to be a hereditary problem.

Vertical fingernail ridges may also arise if your nails are too dry. If any chemical comes in contact with your nails, they are completely at risk of becoming dry. Like while household cleaning, utensil washing or car washing, etc. your nail may easily come in contact with the chemicals which further damage them.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Comment

• That horse is amaaaayzing.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                        Thanks, Fej, but they're horizontal ridges. I looked THOSE up, and I could have a problem... It said that's something to see a doctor about asap (which I did - I have an appointment for Monday the 21st). The couple of web articles I read said it could be something as simple as just weird nails. Or, it could mean heart disease, diabetes, respiratory disease, or malnutrition. So I'm a bit concerned - but they've been that way for a pretty long while now, and I feel fine. But yeah, better that I go get them checked. It's just weird how they're only on my thumbnails (and on the right thumbnail, it's barely noticeable. It's the left one that's really weird looking), and then my other eight nails are completely normal looking.
                        Last edited by Lisa; 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          They resemble the nails of an ape...

*insert your own brittle bon mot here*

Comment

• Comment

•   Spoiler: VIDEOGAME NUDITY NSFW 
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Fucking hell/you must spread rep around like so many bottles of 'Tussin.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X