Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, this guy was a staple of my childhood. CGI will never be as fun and whimsical as claymation.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Vow Season 2 is going on HBO. Like 4 episodes deep right now. I know Tim really liked that first season as well. This one maybe isn't as quite compelling because it's more of an unraveling around the court case...but there's some deep time spent with the lady that was the second in command and every episode she reveals more and more how much was hidden from her and how Keith totally did her wrong as well. We have done a total 180 on our feelings about her.

Comment

• This came across my radar this weekend. Totally checking this out soon.

Spaz is a god. I idolized this dude as a kid, much like Phil Tippett and Denis Muren.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          The Vow Season 2 is going on HBO. Like 4 episodes deep right now. I know Tim really liked that first season as well. This one maybe isn't as quite compelling because it's more of an unraveling around the court case...but there's some deep time spent with the lady that was the second in command and every episode she reveals more and more how much was hidden from her and how Keith totally did her wrong as well. We have done a total 180 on our feelings about her.
          Agree - haven't watched last night's episode yet, but this season's more of a slow burn than the first season. Kind of hoping they talk to Allison Mack, but I'm doubtful it'll happen.

Comment

• That's my hope too. The first episode seemed to tease Allison Mack was going to show up, but I think it was just us hoping too much.

Comment

• Series finale is this coming Monday and the teaser suggests they're discussing the branding, which may mean Mack. Also, looks like the sentencing will be discussed.

Rainere's desire to have everything he said/did be videoed and/or recorded probably wasn't a good idea in hindsight, no? I swear, this guy already. Nice to know he had a run-in with a cellmate not that long ago.

Comment

• Every episode I say at least two or three times, why is this being recorded?!

Comment

• Finished The Vow this week, and yeah, all that recording Raniere did absolutely bit him in the ass. Also made me feel a bit more sympathetic to Nancy Saltzman. She, like pretty much everyone else in NXIVM was a victim of Raniere's head games and pretty much destroyed whatever good works she was trying to accomplish.

Followed that up with Nothing Compares, a really good doc about Sin

Comment

• I think we will get to The Vow tonight. We've been binging White Lotus, and caught up on that last night.

Comment

• Shit. Only half my post is showing!

Check out Nothing Compares. It's a really good doc about Sinead O'Connor. Also check out Spector about the rise and fall of Phil Spector. A bit uneven and not as linear as you may be used to, but pretty good nonetheless.

Comment

• The new Bernie Madoff documentary on Netflix is pretty great.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• We watched the Hatchet Wielding Hitchhiker documentary on Netflix. I vaguely remembered the dude going viral for saving that person in Fresno, but had no idea about him getting arrested a few months later. Pretty good look at how the entertainment industry tries to turn fly by night people into stars, and how it can backfire.

Comment

• That wasn't that bad and yeah, that dude was jacked.

WE checked out the Pennywise - Story of IT documentary about the tv series as we were bored. Was pretty decent actually. Hearing the snide comments but still trying to stay professional about the writing between night 1 and night 2 and all of the drama was interesting as was the shit with the giant spider and what it was supposed to do, what it could have done, and how the director was pissed bout the lighting on the set and how it showed everything but then at the same time the director didn't really know what to do with the spider. Shit is goofy as fuck still, but the behind the scenes shit with how much it could actually do was crazy. Especially since in the movie is just kind of barely moves its head and arms and shit before it goes full Harryhausen.

It was on Amazon prime if anyone cares.

Comment

• That WACO documentary on Netflix (3 eps) was super interesting. I remember watching that burn down in 6th grade or whatever in class. It's crazy just how incompetent everything about that operation was. Don't get me wrong, Koresh was a fucking nut job, but holy hell did the govt fuck that shit up without ever admitting any sort of blame on their end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                That WACO documentary on Netflix (3 eps) was super interesting. I remember watching that burn down in 6th grade or whatever in class. It's crazy just how incompetent everything about that operation was. Don't get me wrong, Koresh was a fucking nut job, but holy hell did the govt fuck that shit up without ever admitting any sort of blame on their end.
                                That was great. Lots of great interviews and insider footage to really fill in the gaps of my personal knowledge of what happened.
                                Loved that one sniper wrestling with whether or not to kill Koresh when he briefly had him in his sights.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X