Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documentaries: The epic thread of interesting ones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah, yeah ok, I get what you're saying.

Yes, festivals now are nothing like they were back in the day. It was the one thing that kept triggering memories while watching it. So many times I was fucked up out of my mind on pyschedelics at those things trying to find friends. Without a cell phone it was quite the process. Now it would be a quick text "meet me at the massage circle:
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I was never into the festival types of concerts. It was usually
      A) the crowds,
      B) most of the acts they'd have weren't of any interest to me,
      Ceej) location, usually well beyond the distance I was prepared to travel to see bands I liked
      D) the cost - three days of music = I'd blow through WAY too much money than I was prepared to spend

When I used to go to shows, I'd prefer local venues that, way back in the day, were so damn abundant and offered most of what the festivals would have but at a significantly lower cost and stress level.

Comment

• Rob, I was saying LB shouldn't have shouldered the blame as much as they did. RHCP playing fire was as much if not more of an issue but it got like 20 seconds of mention versus years of everyone saying LB caused it.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Cleanin' Up The Town (Remembering Ghostbusters) - great 2 hour documentary that just came out about everything that it took to make the first movie. Great interviews with everyone but Bill Murray (they used older interviews with Ramis). This shit flew by. Not a ton ofnew info for a huge fan like myself, but I loved seeing more of the behind the scenes with the terror dogs, stay puft, etc... Recommended viewing if you're a fan of GB.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The Sesame Street documentary on HBOMax is fucking fantastic. Learned a ton of information about the creation of it and everyone involved. Super sweet and also very heartwarming. Not gonna lie, pumped out a few tears when they talked about the deaths of the guy who played Mr. Hooper and Jim Henson. Loved it. Highly recommended.

Comment

• Assassins (2020) on Starz - very compelling documentary on the assassination of Kim Jong Un's brother by two women who thought they were doing a goofy YouTube prank channel, and were duped into poisoning Kim Jong Nam at an airport. Scary stuff, especially when you hear what happened to all involved at the end.

Comment

• Jorodowsky's Dune. Past seeing that sexual deviant Faraci show up to say absolutely nothing of value, this was pretty fucking entertaining. Joro is a fucking loon. The shit he put his kid through only for everything to fall apart was ridiculous. His thought on Lynch's Dune were fucking hilarious. "It was a terrible movie! I feel bad saying it but it was terrible as I love David Lynch..."

This movie would have been a fucking trainwreck but goddammit I'd want to watch it. I wish they'd release that giant DUNE tome he had made to the public. I'd love to thumb through that.

LOL to the shit with Dali and him wanting to be paid 100,000 an hour and instead the smart producer was like "we'll pay you 100,000 per minute of screentime..." lol.

The changes Joro made to Dune were also fucking nuts and so out there that again, it would have been a trainwreck but an interesting one. I wish we'd get a CG flick based on his treatment. That shit could be cool as fuck.

Comment

• Agreed - I saw this doc awhile back, and they had me when they cast Dali as the Emperor and his demands on how his "throne" should look. The designs by Moebius and Giger were astonishing and I'd happily check out the 14 hour long film just for those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    Jorodowsky's Dune. Past seeing that sexual deviant Faraci show up to say absolutely nothing of value, this was pretty fucking entertaining. Joro is a fucking loon. The shit he put his kid through only for everything to fall apart was ridiculous. His thought on Lynch's Dune were fucking hilarious. "It was a terrible movie! I feel bad saying it but it was terrible as I love David Lynch..."

This movie would have been a fucking trainwreck but goddammit I'd want to watch it. I wish they'd release that giant DUNE tome he had made to the public. I'd love to thumb through that.

LOL to the shit with Dali and him wanting to be paid 100,000 an hour and instead the smart producer was like "we'll pay you 100,000 per minute of screentime..." lol.

The changes Joro made to Dune were also fucking nuts and so out there that again, it would have been a trainwreck but an interesting one. I wish we'd get a CG flick based on his treatment. That shit could be cool as fuck.
                    A copy of that production bible was up last month with a final ask of 3 million.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Man, that's nuts.

Comment

• People love the sand for some reason. YOU HEAR THAT ANAKIN, YOU CLOD?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post

A copy of that production bible was up last month with a final ask of 3 million.
                          Some crypto nerd bought it and is gonna find out how copyrights work.

Also, here are a TON of photos from it. That i didn't need to spend 3 million to look at.

Pretty neat.

Comment

• The dude on the right looks familiar, huh, Star Wars fans?

AM-JKLXIv6ybj17k7c6iVyBxHBCiW_X637dRZ6wkiHCmPupu5H9XgCndamUQSCAAanRS5DEiAKtFoBUjvu7TRpIIUsMphZMvTYSKITsoyYaUsSKnvpobbDTvaFN4bDPsyxxL2mhpbJjtwVoNjrGk3tokCIf1CA=s500-no?authuser=0.jpg

Wonder if the designers at Lucasfilm saw Jorodowsky production bible prior to Return of the Jedi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              Jorodowsky's Dune. Past seeing that sexual deviant Faraci show up to say absolutely nothing of value, this was pretty fucking entertaining. Joro is a fucking loon. The shit he put his kid through only for everything to fall apart was ridiculous. His thought on Lynch's Dune were fucking hilarious. "It was a terrible movie! I feel bad saying it but it was terrible as I love David Lynch..."

The only correct shit Jodo ever got on Dune: the Lynch movie sucked.

His artwork department was amazing, but he never got Dune AT ALL.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Dark Side of the 90s on Hulu has been some fun popcorn watching. Checked out the Talk Show episode and the Fox tv episode so far. Seeing Jenny Jones again was a blast f rom the past. I used to watch her ALL the time until she inadvertently caused a murder to happen and got yanked off the air. Was bummed Richard Bey wasn't named at all. Man I miss the original Jerry Springer show before it because so over the top.

The Fox stuff was pretty interesting as well. Had no idea that the woman who played Andrea in 90210 was fucking 29 when that show started. 29 playing a 16 year old and then she had the balls to tell Fox to go fuck themselves when they said Middle America doesn't feel comfortable with Jews or interracial kissing. That shit blew my mind. Loved she played the "well if I can't wear my Star of David then I don't want to see a single cross anywhere on anyone..." lol. Eat it Fox.

Comment

Working...
                                X