Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forrest Gump: A nice little story or conservative propaganda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
    Even Dr Pepper aint what it used to be
    For sure! Remeber, those cool commercials.

Dr. Pepper, give me the news
    I've got a bad case of loving you
    You're doing all the things you do
    I've got a bad case of loving you!!!
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Most people that came into direct contact with Gump ended up fucked in one way or another. Jenny had AIDS, Bubba blew the fuck up, Dan lost his legs, Kennedy was shot, etc etc. Haha.
      Little forrest saw dead people.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

That's some deep shit...interesting. It would be interesting to talk to the writer and see what their thoughts were or if Zemeckis intended the movie to follow your thoughts. I think that shit is just coincidence, however I really liked Forrest Gump and still do.

Pulp Fiction on the other hand was probably one of the best, if not the best, movies to come out in the 90's. It totally changed the game and opened up a lot of new avenues for up and coming filmmakers.

In closing, I agree with Pulp Fiction but think that you may be reading too far into FG. WORD.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

You ever find it disturbing that a significant chunk of the film is about sending a mentally challenged man to die in Vietnam and then not treating him for PTSD afterwards.

Hell, they only let him out of the Hospital to exploit on the USO Ping Ping tournament.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
          X