No announcement yet.

Best ACTING in film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just find it amusing that, not only was Tom Hagen written out with malice, but his character was replaced with George Hamilton. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Tatum O'Neal in 'Paper Moon'. The film simply would NOT have worked without her performance. Remember how shocked you were when you saw Haley Joel Osment in 'The Sixth Sense'? It's the same kind of WOW factor here. She absolutely deserved her Oscar win for this. If you haven't seen it, remedy that oversight; it's a great film.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

This is why you cant mention Robert Duvall's outstanding performance in Godfather I and II. Then you think- "why wasnt he in Godfather III?" Which brings you around to thinking about Godfather III and then eventually the silent scream. AHHHH! Dont make me relive it. Dont do it

Comment

Is it too trite to say James Dean in Rebel?

Cos its hard to sell a moment like "YOU'RE TEARING ME APAAAART!!" without dipping into melodrama or silliness. And whatever else that film is (eg. melodrama and silliness), he nails that moment and pretty much changed screen acting forever.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            Tatum O'Neal in 'Paper Moon'. The film simply would NOT have worked without her performance. Remember how shocked you were when you saw Haley Joel Osment in 'The Sixth Sense'? It's the same kind of WOW factor here. She absolutely deserved her Oscar win for this. If you haven't seen it, remedy that oversight; it's a great film.
            I caught a lot of shit from certain chewers (Dellamorte) in the 70's draft on DERP for taking that film in the fifth round. But that's the mentality of the kinds of 'filmlovers' I went to uni with - they don't love film, they love the films they love. Paper Moon is my favourite Bogdanovich film and that's saying something. And both o'Neals are exquisite in that film.

Matt, when are you and me gonna have a film marathon? It would clearly be delightful.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

I'm gonna be that guy and admit to the fact that I never cared for 'Rebel Without a Cause'. I've seen it twice, but not in a good 15 years or so. Maybe I need to give it another go.

Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon in 'Some Like it Hot'. It's one of the best comedies ever made for many reasons, but the two BIGGEST reasons are Tony and Jack. Flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                Matt, when are you and me gonna have a film marathon? It would clearly be delightful.
                Not soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  I'm gonna be that guy and admit to the fact that I never cared for 'Rebel Without a Cause'. I've seen it twice, but not in a good 15 years or so. Maybe I need to give it another go.
                  Outside of Dean's performance, its not that great a film, at least in terms of originality (I fear Lisa would disagree with me here). Its well made, for sure, but Dean is the MVP by a country mile.

Comment

Kevin Kline and Michael Palin in 'A Fish Called Wanda'.

Comment

My God, Kline's good in that film. The Classic Scene in last month's Empire was the chip up the nose interrogation and just reading it pointed out how much lifting those guys do effortlessly in that scene.

Comment

Jeff Bridges killed it in Starman.

Comment

My God, Kline's good in that film. The Classic Scene in last month's Empire was the chip up the nose interrogation and just reading it pointed out how much lifting those guys do effortlessly in that scene.
                          Comedic performances rarely get any sort of recognition from THE BIG AWARD SHOWS, so it's amazing that Kline won Best Supporting Actor for this. FUCK is he funny in this film.

Comment

Out of the main cast, Palin is probably the only one that surpassed the material in other roles. Its arguably Cleese's and Curtis' finest hour, as well as Kline's.

Comment

::sniffs armpit:: "Dont call me stupid"

I need to see this again.

Comment

George C. Scott.

All day.

Erryday.

All killer, no filler.

The man was a titan.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X