No announcement yet.

Purchasing Habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got fucked in regards to our bookshelfs. During early pandemic Lesley was able to score two bookshelves from IKEA with glass doors and shtit with the idea I could finally put my fucking collectibles behind glass and stop having anxiety about the dust on them. They were both delivered but one was broken (like the left hand side of the actual bookcase was cracked) so we tossed that piece cause it was almost broken in half but kept everything else because on some items they will send replacements. So we put together the one that wasn't broken and then once we reached out we were told they were no longer doing the replacement pieces and that we'd have to order a full new bookcase (they did refund the whole thing which was nice) but now they have stopped shipping these bookshelves completely and will only allow in store purchase (and not even purchase online and then pick up in store) but neither of our cars are big enough to bring it home, I'm not strapping the fucking thing to the top of our cars, and no one I know except my dad who lives 3 hours away from our IKEA has a big enough car. So now we're stuck with one nice looking bookshelf, and one old one that sucks and then like 80% of my collectibles are now upstairs in the corner of our den waiting for the day we finally move into a place bigger than a shoebox.

Even just looking at glass cases for my collectibles isn't feasible atm due to space limitations. It suuuuucks.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I have one bookshelf in my office, and I don't even really get to use it. It has some collectables and such in it...but the cat's fucking shit box cabinet sits in front of it so 2 of the 4 shelves are hidden behind the shelf. I fucking hate it.

Comment

the bookshelf in my office has all of my graphic novels and shit and the shelves are buckling. Plus all of my art books I own (a ton) are over sized so they don't even really fit on normal shelves.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
        X