SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget Jane Lynch.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I didn't mind it. I dig on Amy Adams, but Streep was great as was her husband (his name is escaping me right now)
      Stanley Tucci! Awesome, yes!

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      Don't forget Jane Lynch.
      As Meryl's sister - fabulous!

Yes, I'd say watch it. I find Adams unbearable, but when you've got Streep, Tucci and Lynch - it tilts the scales in their direction.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

I've yet to see Stanley Tucci be bad in anything. Even when he's in a bad movie ('Undercover Blues', 'Billy Bathgate'), he's pure gold.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

He's the best thing in The Lovely Bones too. Love the Tuch.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
            He's the best thing in The Lovely Bones too. Love the Tuch.
            What was your take on the movie? I read the book.

Stanley in Shall We Dance was fantastic!

Comment

Other than Meryl Streep and the fabulous clothes, he's also the best thing in "The Devil Wears Prada". "Darling? Shall we? We still have to get to the Beauty Department, and god knows how long that's going to take."
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                What was your take on the movie? I read the book.
                It was ok. I never read the book, though. It was a decent enough film, but it seemed that it should have been a lot better - and more involving - given some of the ideas involved. I fear what could have been great is merely ok.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
                  I find Adams unbearable
                  Really? She fucking rocked in Enchanted.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Well, like I said, there are a couple of things I liked her in, and "Enchanted" was one of them. And I'll give her credit, I LOVED her in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" - she was hilarious. But more often than not she really just bugs the hell out of me.

Comment

With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls.

Comment

Amy Adams was fantastic in 'Gone Baby Gone'.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls.
                          What a day! Matt almost chases Cass and me out of "The Expendibles" thread for tossing around too much estrogen, and Rob's arguing with a woman that Amy Adams rocked in "Enchanted."
                          Last edited by Lisa; 08-10-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Amy Adams was fantastic in 'Gone Baby Gone'.
                            you're thinking of Amy Ryan. And hell yea she was.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post

I really liked that flick. I also have a thing for her, so that helped. But that movie even made me dig on Cyclops.

Comment

Started 'The International' last night and got about 45 minutes into it. So far, we're kinda digging it. It's not GREAT or anything but we're enjoying the ride so far. Maybe it falls apart in the second half, who knows...

Comment

Working...
                                X