SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So yeah, drunk assessment for Josh:

It has its moments, and as a three-time world champion of the jizzolympics, you will no doubt appreciate the film on a different level than most.

The film really does a fine job when it is keeping the supernatural elements at arms length.

Once it brings in the outside assistants into the family, like Len Shaye and the two ghost detectives, it begins to lose steam (though I tip my hat to the fact that they even acknowledge the point of view of a skeptic in a somewhat reasonable way for five seconds before it is all torn away by the usual plot mechanics of the genre). And then, the mention of astral projection/mental telepathy/bingbingbingbingbangpopcorn happens and it situates itself in the quiet hamlet known as Laughableville.

So if you're down for a creepy hour-long film and a "AWW SHIT NAW" second half, then this is the one for you.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Decent assessment. It was like the ending of Poltergeist if Hoopberg would have decided FUCK IT SHOW ALL OF THE THINGS
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So, Takers? Anyone?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          So, Takers? Anyone?
          I think I told someone, may have been you a few pages back that I had fun with Takers. Just don't expect anything above decent and you should enjoy it.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ah. I wasn't sure you were talking about that movie. Cool.

Comment

• It's got a style to it and it's fun but do not expect oscar caliber performances. Worth a few hours of free time if you don't have anything better to watch.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• 'Limitless'?
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My best buddy keeps trying to get me to see Limitless. He said its a solid concept with a couple of holes in terms of execution, but he enjoyed it overall more than Source Code or Adjustment Bureau, so go figure. I haven't seen any of them, so can't possible comment any further.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Can't say.

All I can do is mock it from afar.

FUCKING SMART PILLS, MAN!
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I wished it was longer. See it!

Comment

• Started watching Blitz late last night and fucking conked out early on.

Taking out a trio of chavs with a hurley was fun, but soon after he made it to the station house, I got my shit slapped by the sandman.

Thoughts?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I hear it's boring. Go watch The Mechanic again instead.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• That's a shame. I mean it has Stath, Carcetti, and Paddy in it.

As for the Mechanic remake: never saw it.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Its fun. Give it a go.

Comment

• Blitz is boring. Really, despite the cast.

The Mechanic is GREAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X