SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    'Harry Brown' with Michael Caine. I seem to remember hearing it compared to 'Taken' and/or 'Death Wish'. Any good?
    It's not Death Wish, but I'd say Taken. I enjoyed it a bit when I got it on BD, and actually want to watch again now that it's on Instant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      'Harry Brown' with Michael Caine. I seem to remember hearing it compared to 'Taken' and/or 'Death Wish'. Any good?
      I liked it. A lot. Because I'm old like he is.

Give it a go.

Comment

• Harry Brown's very decent. Caine sells it, but the supporting cast is excellent (Plan B!) and, while the story's nothing new, the execution is above average.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Insidious.

I hear it completely redecorates your mother's living room in hangover black in the end, but that it is up until that point pretty good. Also, Darth Maul.

Yes or no?
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
            Insidious.

I hear it completely redecorates your mother's living room in hangover black in the end, but that it is up until that point pretty good. Also, Darth Maul.

Yes or no?
            Same thing I thought. Darth Maul with hair. I haven't seen it either so any word would be nice.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Fuck it, givin' it a go.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Let me know, I'm a sucker for horror.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Way Back

I love me some Farrell, Ed Harris and Peter Weir. But knowing the 'Based on a True Story' tag is bunkum robs it of a lot of dramatic appeal, for me.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I heard it was really really good.

Ignore the that insufferable tag and enjoy it anyway (I did the same when I watched Defiance).
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
                      Fuck it, givin' it a go.

I just watched this. SO FUCKING BAD. About the first hour = alright, I'm creeped out. Then the
                        Spoiler: spoilers 
                      fucking Voldo wanna be shows up and the astral projection shit gets retarded
                      and I was all like "wat?". Fuckin Leigh Whannel (spelling?). Good ideas, horrible fucking execution. Stupid movie. Boourns to you.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I just got to the AP part.

Lost me there. But I need closure, so I will WATCH THIS UNTIL IT IS OVER AS FUCK
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dude, the "ending" is LULZ.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I was honestly creeped out and digging the whole
                              Spoiler: spoilerz 
                            "You did this as a kid that's why there are no pics of you
                            as I can relate haha. But then it's gets all Black Eyed Peas up in this bitch.

Comment

• So what's the end? I heard it falls the fuck apart at the end?

Comment

• The end?

The end is hilarious. That's what it is.

A combination of New Nightmare, Darth Maul, Tiny Tim, and shitty CG.

Rose Byrne always looks like she is on the verge of tears. Delicious tears.
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-23-2011, 08:37 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X