No announcement yet.

SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Val Kilmer > Michael Rooker in the 'adversary who turns into a friend' role.
    Russians > Cary Frickin' Elwes in the ACTUAL enemy role.
    Michael Ironside > Robert Duvall
    Tom Skerrit > Randy Quaid

I'll grant that Nicole Kidman > Kelly McGillis.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Going back to the Stephen Rea factor, you NEED NEED NEED to see 'Citizen X'. It was a made for HBO film that would have earned Oscar nominations for Stephen Rea and Donald Sutherland had it been released theatrically. It's one of the best serial killer movies ever made.
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Top Gun would have been better if Kilmer and Cruise would have just started fucking each other.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          A dull thriller but a thriller nonetheless.
          I thought you were on my side, but now I have to just kill you all!

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Val Kilmer > Michael Rooker in the 'adversary who turns into a friend' role.
          Russians > Cary Frickin' Elwes in the ACTUAL enemy role.
          Michael Ironside > Robert Duvall
          Tom Skerrit > Randy Quaid

I'll grant that Nicole Kidman > Kelly McGillis.
          True, very true.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Going back to the Stephen Rea factor, you NEED NEED NEED to see 'Citizen X'. It was a made for HBO film that would have earned Oscar nominations for Stephen Rea and Donald Sutherland had it been released theatrically. It's one of the best serial killer movies ever made.
          Okay!
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I agree on Citizen X. A really fantastic tv movie.

And Matt, don't forget the guy who played Strickland advising Tom Cruise that he can't write checks that his body can't cash.

And Anthony Edwards as Goose! COME ON!

But as for Crying Game, I still can remember the "reveal" being huge news back in the day. FREAKIN HUGE!
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• James Tolkan > Fred Dalton Thompson.

Comment

• And "Take my Breath Away" by Berlin.

Game. Set. Match.

Comment

• Top Gun as told by Tarentino.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yes Top Gun is a really gay movie. But it's only depicting what's been going on in certain sections of the armed forces for years now.

Comment

• Totally agree with that as well.

"They are this gay fucking fighting force"

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        There's also a fake trailer out there for 'Top Gun' that makes it look like a Brokeback Mountain situation with Iceman. Funny as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Valkyrie was pretty solid, all in all. Cruise did a very good job, and managed to evoke a bit of sympathy (despite being a Nazi, of course). Film moved at a pretty good clip as well, and great performances all around - not a clinker in the bunch.

Definitely worth at least one good viewing. I'd follow it up with Downfall (Der Untergang), source of the Angry Hitler meme, as that film really punches the end days of Nazi Germany quite succinctly.
                          Just see Downfall.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Downfall was great.

Comment

• Downfall is great, it's something for a movie to make you sympathetic to some of the people involved. Even though everyone is a nazi in that movie.

Same could be applied to Das Boot.

Comment

• MI:2 is the perfect example of why YOU SHOULDN'T START FILMING UNTIL THE SCRIPT IS FINISHED.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X