SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    'Far and Away' included? That's the only film of his that comes to mind that I absolutely hated.
    Ooooh, you know what? You caught me - that's one of the few I haven't seen, and I forgot that I hadn't seen it, so I stand corrected.

But okay, here's one I saw that I thought was boring, but I don't blame Cruise - "Days of Thunder". Pretty dull all around, but it wasn't his fault. And look, I don't mean to sound like a fan-girl, I've never thought of him one way or the other. But I'm just saying, even his one movie I can think of that I didn't think was good, he at least wasn't at fault. And I'm also not into racing. I might have liked "Far and Away", you never know. Not that I plan on renting it to find out, but hypothetically!

EDIT: See, Ed and I? Hivemind!
    Last edited by Lisa; 12-29-2010, 08:47 AM.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Interview with a Vampire fucking sucks. And he's mainly the reason.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Interview with a Vampire fucking sucks. And he's mainly the reason.
        OUTSIDE, MISTER, RIGHT NOW!

No, but seriously, I liked that movie A LOT, and I thought Cruise was great in it.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Fail. Fail hard.

IMO of course.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, the Lestat from the book would have skullfucked the Lestat from the movie. EASILY.

Comment

• I liked Valkyrie. Wasnt great but it was good.

Comment

• Days of Thunder was boring because it was basically Top Gun with racecars and Michael Rooker.

Also, Valkyire features your friend and mine, Bryan Singer directing.

What I'm basically saying is that Stephen Rea needs more work, dammit.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Valkyrie was pretty solid, all in all. Cruise did a very good job, and managed to evoke a bit of sympathy (despite being a Nazi, of course). Film moved at a pretty good clip as well, and great performances all around - not a clinker in the bunch.

Definitely worth at least one good viewing. I'd follow it up with Downfall (Der Untergang), source of the Angry Hitler meme, as that film really punches the end days of Nazi Germany quite succinctly.

Stephen Rea fan? Must catch Citizen X if you can - just a great flick, and very creepy and harrowing in parts. Rea's performance as Burakov was heartbreaking in parts, especially when he finally has his breakdown in front of his superiors.
                  Last edited by Timothy225; 12-29-2010, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• I liked Cruise in 'Interview with a Vampire'...I never read the novels so I have no comparison with how he SHOULD have been. My main issue with the film was with Brad Pitt...that's EASILY his single worst performance in any film.

And yeah, I forgot about MI:2. TERRIBLE film.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Fail. Fail hard.

IMO of course.
                      (*Swings blindly at Rob. Misses.*)

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      What I'm basically saying is that Stephen Rea needs more work, dammit.
                      Absolutely no argument there!

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      My main issue with the film was with Brad Pitt...that's EASILY his single worst performance in any film.
                      (*Swings blindly at Matt. Also misses.*)

Comment

• Days of Thunder > Top Gun

DIGEST.

Comment

• except for Kilmer. Kilmer > Days > Top Gun

Comment

• 'Top Gun' > 'Top Car'.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Days of Thunder > Top Gun

DIGEST.
                              Nawww, nope nope nope, that's just crazy talk!

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              except for Kilmer.
                              And that would be why.

Comment

• Funny all this talk about Interview with a Vampire, reminded me that there's an interview with Jim Broadbent over The AV Club and the fact Broadbent is in The Crying Game.

I bet a lot of people don't seem to remember that Crying Game was a thriller about the IRA. A dull thriller but a thriller nonetheless.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Days of Thunder > Top Gun

DIGEST.

HORSESHIT!
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X