No announcement yet.

SHOULD I BOTHER WATCHING THIS FILM thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like some help for a recommendation for tonight- I was looking at things on netflix instant

Possibilites

Taking of Pelham
    Scorpion King
    Ichi
    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

What do you think?

Comment

• Ichi or Sympathy.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey Feldman View Post
        Ichi or Sympathy.
        This. I fucking LOVELOVELOVELOVE Mr. Vengeance. Might like it more than Oldboy. Ichi...well, it's something.

Comment

• Defintely NOT Taking of Pelham, unless you're talking about the original, which was awesome. The remake was so not good.
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• 'The Scorpion King' is a weak Conan ripoff. It's not terrible but it's also not worth the effort. I haven't seen the others yet.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ichi is redonkulous but fun, and Sympathy is great.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Corey Feldman View Post
                Ichi is redonkulous but fun, and Sympathy is great.
                Sympathy it is!

Comment

• If its the Matthau/Shaw version, then Pelham all the way.

Otherwise, Mr Vengeance. It's Oldboy's equal, but less cool and more unnerving.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                    I would like some help for a recommendation for tonight- I was looking at things on netflix instant

Possibilites

Taking of Pelham
                    Scorpion King
                    Ichi
                    Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

What do you think?
                    Taking of Pelham 1-2-3: like Lisa said, only if it's the original. Follow it up with The French Connection 1 & 2.

Scorpion King: Well, it's got the Rock in it, and if you're in for some mindless fun and sweaty pecs...

Ichi and Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance: Oh mais oui! Deny yourself no longer, madam, and enjoy!

Comment

• I didn't like Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. I love Old Boy, but Sympathy was boring and I wanted to punch the lead 5 minutes in. Old Boy is a better movie than Sympathy in every aspect.

Was Ichi ----> Ichi the Killer? If so, it's a damned classic. A goofy hyperviolent cartoon.

Pellham is a good movie. Scorpion King ain't. And I love the Rock.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• after going through the instant queue last night, I'm inclined to say that Ichi is just Ichi and not Ichi the Killer. I saw both Ichi and Sympathy on the new releases.

Comment

• You were correct sir! It was Ichi but not Ichi the Killer.

Comment

• Watch Ichi the Killer! A great family film featuring the proper use of cooking oil!*

* I know. remember my KFC story?

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Watch Ichi the Killer! A great family film featuring the proper use of cooking oil!
                              And it offers the perfect tips on how to use your old busted television set!

Comment

• Fanboys? Worth my time?

Comment

Working...
                                X