Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still say let Ironside run with the Batman V/O work again...

Comment

• Re-watched Stardust for the first time since it was released on DVD for the Movie Moan podcast.

Liked it a lot at the time, and yeah it still holds up minus the bad CG work. And...De Niro as the gay pirate...that's something...
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• 'we always knew you were a whoopsie!'

De Niro's a SCREAM in that film. LOVE that movie.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• De Niro is great in the movie and it's the first time in God knows how long where it didn't feel like he was sleep-walking. But it's the surprise of seeing him go all out like that.
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• It looked like he had a LOT of fun doing that role. I give him credit for really going for it and not just phoning it in.
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              Stardust

De Niro as the gay pirate
              SPOILER THAT SHIT BRO
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Get Him to the Greek

Another well-regarded modern comedy that's actually lackluster. Mostly lazy humour dashed over a flimsy script. So crude it almost completely negates the charm of the always likable Hill (and undeniably good Brand.) It's not enough to throw Diddy in your movie as a flat archetype with crazy carte blanche and expect people to laugh just because somebody mentioned sex/genitals. Nothing we've not seen before and better.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Yeah. I caught that in the credit, and was like ????

Good stuff. And that Spider Man dude? A pussy.
                Granted, he learns his lesson the hard way to begin with, but I think his confrontation scene with Zuckerberg and Parker more than clears him from the "pussy" charge. The way he psyches out the latter in particular and delivers the line about feeling tall next to him was class.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                The Social Network

I love Fincher, and I liked that movie more than I expected it to, but still, REALLY? Best movie of the year? It was good, but hardly AWESOME. Anyone lese than Fincher and it would have sucked.
                Fincher definitely made the most out of something that could've been boring, but I don't think he's the only person in the world who could've done it justice. I mean, come on, I can't be the only one who would've watched Tony Scott's The Social Network... all 90 explosive minutes of it!
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The only good part of Get him to the greek was Diddy. Period.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Truth!
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                      The only good part of Get him to the greek was Diddy. Period.
                      Rose Byrne's music video was funny.

Comment

• Finally watched the DEAD LIKE ME movie that was supposed to wrap up the show. It was fucking TERRIBLE. Reggie ended up being pretty hot, though.

Comment

• Diddy and Byrne's stuff was either passable or decent(ish), but was there honestly anything about them (or the rest of the film) that wasn't a lesser version of someone or something else?

That whole film typifies the lazy humour people are willing to accept or champion in comedies now. The most commonly mentioned stand out moments could've been ad-libbed by countless comics.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Was it ever championed though? I don't know the response across the pond, but over here the consensus is pretty much that it was a passable comedy to catch on cable with some really hilarious Diddy parts. I don't think it was a lesser version of someone else, because I can't recall any other films making such incredible use of The Biggest Loser.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                              Finally watched the DEAD LIKE ME movie that was supposed to wrap up the show. It was fucking TERRIBLE. Reggie ended up being pretty hot, though.
                              I would have stopped you had I known you were choosing to watch that awful pile of watered down banana sharts.

I am sorry for your loss.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                The only good part of Get him to the greek was Diddy. Period.
                                This. Also Jonah Hill isn't funny, has never been funny, and just needs to stop.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X