Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    The big question: Will Ralph do the crane kick on DWTS???
    He fucking well better!

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
      ... if I had tried that in a match, I would have gotten my ass knocked down. It's fucking hokey and leaves your defence open.

I hate it when my fence is left open.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I hate it when my fence is left open.
        I KNOW, RIGHT?
        The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Good to have you back.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I learned that you could get a belt from JC Penny for $2.98.

Now that is a deal!
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The French Connection

SOOOOO good. Hackman is a mean bastard, the film really moves (its as much an action film as a procedural - look at those first 10 minutes), that chase has not diminished one bit in 40 years and the ending... man, so bleak. So, so bleak. It really is up there with the best films of the 70s. Someone should give Hackman a lifetime achievement before he croaks, cos the guy had an incredible run for 30-odd years.

Shanghai Noon

Despite my feelings about The Kung Fu Kid, this is still Chan's best American film. You can tell he had his team on board for the choreography because every fight is excellent and builds to the final, amazing climactic fights (the hanging escape is the weakest set piece - but that doesn't really have much choreography). Is it perfect? Of course not. Its too cute by far, its the got the most obvious amount of "punchup" gags of any film I've ever seen (amusing asides and non-sequiturs given off-screen) and as beautiful as they both are, neither of the female leads convince. On the plus side, Walton Goggins shines in his brief role (his pronunciation of "dumb shee-it" kills me) and Xander Berkeley channels Lee Van Cleef AND Bruce Willis as 'Van Cleef'. Its very skilfully shot and makes good use of its massive locations. But most of all, its simply one of the best put together American martial arts movies of the last 15-20 years.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                The French Connection

SOOOOO good. Hackman is a mean bastard, the film really moves (its as much an action film as a procedural - look at those first 10 minutes), that chase has not diminished one bit in 40 years and the ending... man, so bleak. So, so bleak. It really is up there with the best films of the 70s. Someone should give Hackman a lifetime achievement before he croaks, cos the guy had an incredible run for 30-odd years.

Shanghai Noon

Despite my feelings about The Kung Fu Kid, this is still Chan's best American film. You can tell he had his team on board for the choreography because every fight is excellent and builds to the final, amazing climactic fights (the hanging escape is the weakest set piece - but that doesn't really have much choreography). Is it perfect? Of course not. Its too cute by far, its the got the most obvious amount of "punchup" gags of any film I've ever seen (amusing asides and non-sequiturs given off-screen) and as beautiful as they both are, neither of the female leads convince. On the plus side, Walton Goggins shines in his brief role (his pronunciation of "dumb shee-it" kills me) and Xander Berkeley channels Lee Van Cleef AND Bruce Willis as 'Van Cleef'. Its very skilfully shot and makes good use of its massive locations. But most of all, its simply one of the best put together American martial arts movies of the last 15-20 years.
                'the French Connection' is fantastic. I still need to see the sequel one of these days.

I remember watching 'Shanghai Noon' at the gym about a year and a half ago. I saw the first half hour of it or so and really enjoyed it...much more than I thought I would, actually. Your high praise for it gives me motivation to actually watch the whole thing.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I prefer the Chan edition to the original, even if Pat Morito is better as the mentor.
                  I thik Cham was very solid here, but yeah, it's a better movie. Except for teh villains. Johnny Lawrence and Sensei John Kreese are miles ahead of that pussy wushu bitch and his constipated Sifu.

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  I kind of with you Ben. The choreography in the original Karate Kid was WAY too hokey. But it was the end that I love, especially the use of Eye of the Tiger.
                  Eye of the Tiger? Wrong!

It's "You're the Best" by Joe Esposito. Who the fuck is Joe ESposito? That's a good question.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  does the new version have a 'Sweep the leg' 'YEAH! Put him in a bodybag!' kind of moment?
                  It's "break his leg", and it's by some schlok who channels 15% of Kreese's menace.

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  ... if I had tried that in a match, I would have gotten my ass knocked down. It's fucking hokey and leaves your defence open.
                  You're telling me a front half-moon kick is more effective than a crane kick???

Both kicks are retarded, and ineffective unless your opponent is either drunk or handicapped, and will get you killed.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

The French Connection

Shanghai Noon

I think it's pushing it a bit, and I may have to rewatch it to see if I missed something, but it's is a great US martial art movie. But it ain't Drive. Now THAT'S a great US production.

And The French Connection is long overdue on my rewatch list. So good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Both kicks are retarded, and ineffective unless your opponent is either drunk or handicapped, and will get you killed.
                      As a choreographed move? Yes. But are bad, but the former looks a lot cooler.

And I fail so hard for not naming the right song. Especially, since I sing it to myself all the time.
                      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Yes, the halfmoon indeed looks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

*sigh*

I love that man!

Comment

• It's a movie where a 30 year old plays a 15 year old. YOU'RE OVER THINKING IT.

Comment

• The A-Team

This movie was better than it had any right to be, that I believe goes to the casting. And I'm really surprised no one has ever said anything about the cameo at the end of the movie. It's also Joe Caranahan's most coherent movie (Smokin' Aces can eat a hot bag of shit as far as I'm concerned).
                              Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Smokin' Aces was ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X