Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to remember - I think it was on Starz. Saw it earlier this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      Judgment at Nuremberg (1961) - a fictionalized account, but very good stuff from Judy Garland, Judy Garland, etc. Even had Judy Garland (Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz) and a very middle aged Judy Garland! Very dramatic overview of the Trials, beautifully shot and directed, and a nice jumpoff to doing your own research on the subject.
      Fixed.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Not too worried - the 60's show was OK (saw a marathon on SyFy (ugh) the other day), but as it was about 40 years ago, I don't think folks will be too put out. I've heard some car geeks spaz over the new Black Beauty, though.

Any reference to the Green Hornet/Lone Ranger connection?
        Not that I noticed. The car was fucking aces though.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• wouldn't that be 'Quaaludes at Nuremberg'?
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Benzies and Dexies at Nuremburg?

There's also the TNT mini-series featuring Alec Baldwin as Justice Jackson and Michael Ironside doing what he does best, being Michael Ironside.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• All kidding aside, Judy actually got some really good reviews for her performance in "JaN."
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I had no idea that Liza Minelli was the daughter of Judy Garland.

Once I learned that, the gay following made sense.

Comment

• The Town

Or how Ben Affleck is a great director. I loved this movie.

Despicable Me

Runner up for my favorite animated movie of 2010, behind How to Train your Dragon
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    I had no idea that Liza Minelli was the daughter of Judy Garland.
                    Kind of an aside here, but in the upcoming Judy Garland biopic, they've tapped Anne Hathaway to play Judy. Not bad casting, she can sing and stuff, but with her looks, I'd have pegged her for a young Liza. Both Anne and Liza have the big expressive eyes, and I would've pegged that as natural casting.

Garland was very good in Nuremberg, BTW. As was Marlene Dietrich (cues Suzanne Vega's "Marlene on the Wall", wistfully thinks of his first girlfriend...). Give it a whirl if you've never seen it, especially you young ones for it is a parable.

Comment

• Judy Davis did a great job as Judy Garland in that made-for-TV movie.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bob Dole Bob Dole Bob Dole
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Judy Judy Judy Judy Judy Judy
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I had no idea that Liza Minelli was the daughter of Judy Garland.
                            Okay, for real? Now you have to turn in your gay card. You also have to submit yourself for a severe beating with every Judy Garland album in the world, a copy of "Arthur", and we will finish the bludgeoning with copies of all of the biggest Hollywood historical biographies in the world. HOW could you not know Liza was Judy's daughter?

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Kind of an aside here, but in the upcoming Judy Garland biopic, they've tapped Anne Hathaway to play Judy. Not bad casting, she can sing and stuff, but with her looks, I'd have pegged her for a young Liza. Both Anne and Liza have the big expressive eyes, and I would've pegged that as natural casting.
                            I like Anne Hathaway, she can sing, and she has the big huge Garland eyes and such - so I'm not mad.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Judy Davis did a great job as Judy Garland in that made-for-TV movie.
                            She was FABULOUS!!! That was a great movie, but the only mis-step they made in my opinion was that since they had Tammy Blanchard playing Judy in part one, and Judy Davis playing her in part two, they should have left the filming of "Meet Me in St. Louis" to finish off part one, and not have had it being the start of part two. Because Judy Davis was WAY too old to be playing Judy at that stage of the game. Judy was only 21 during that movie, playing a 17 year old, and they should have just let Tammy Blanchard wrap up part one at that stage of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              Okay, for real? Now you have to turn in your gay card. You also have to submit yourself for a severe beating with every Judy Garland album in the world, a copy of "Arthur", and we will finish the bludgeoning with copies of all of the biggest Hollywood historical biographies in the world. HOW could you not know Liza was Judy's daughter?
                              Because I'm not a 45 year old gay man or Rufus Wainwright.

Comment

Because I'm not a 45 year old gay man or Rufus Wainwright.
                                You don't have to be! EVERYBODY knows that!

Comment

Working...
                                X