Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the original House of Cards yesterday.

Vin, I got something for you to take a look at.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      and here I thought that Wahlberg SUCKED in it.
      GAWDAMNIT MATT WHAT THE FUCK?!?! DO YOU HATE JOY?
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'd like The Other Guys more if it was a bit shorter and gave Michael Keaton more stuff to do than have the one-note joke of quoting TLC songs.
        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 06-13-2011, 08:49 AM.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Yeah you could tell Keaton was enjoying himself and I could have used more. But the TLC shit was pretty funny.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
            Its comparable to Lynch's Dune in that sense, though I'd say Coppola's film is 'better'. They both have the absolute peak of physical craftsmanship on display, tackling a tricksy story structure, failing, but with too much ambition on display to write-off.
            A beautiful point beautifully made.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Regarding 'BS's Dracula':
              - Keanu Reeves isn't just BAD, he's AMAZINGLY BAD. Laughably BAD. It's amazing that he ever found work after this.
              - Anthony Hopkins is in full-on ham mode. He treats the film like a farce.

It's gorgeous but feels poorly planned out...the first two acts are a complete mess in terms of structure and tone. It only starts to gel in the third act when it becomes a full-fledged vampire hunt.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I find that if I watch it through the prism of Ted Theodore Logan fightin' Drakoolyah, the uneven result is much less jarring.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

The "universe" feels much more dreamlike at times than I remembered (outside of the actual dream sequences, of course.) The sheer brightness outside the Church for example.

There's also much to dig about the O.T.T schoolyard chant score. And I still love the "dream expert" from the "dream clinic" who doesn't really know thing one about dreams.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• X-Men First Class: I will say this, I was skeptical and wanted to nit pick, but once you know who said
                      Spoiler: SPURLUR 
                    Get the fuck out of here.
                    I was with it. Not great but it was entertaining.

Comment

• One of the best uses of the one-shot PG-13 FUCK that I've ever seen. That scene absolutely KILLED in my theater.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It killed in my "theater" too.

Comment

• Animal Kingdom.

Wow. Now that is a movie I did not expect it to blow me away like it did. I expected something way more of a traditional crime movie. So not the case. So much dread. So much despicable characters that charm themselves into your brain over the course of the running time.

I have to digest this one - and watch it again very soon.

Comment

• In Bruges

Pretty great. Colin reminded me of Pitt in 12 Monkeys with his mannerisms. The shit with the dwarf was fucking great. But goddamn what a schizo movie in terms of tone. Was chilling with Baltar laughing my ass off, then BLAMMO, then back to laughing, then BLAMMO, then back to laughing, then KERBLAMMO.

Gleeson was great but I was quite surprised with Colin. Totes worth the 8 bucks on blu.

Also, I'm going to sell this movie to Ceej by saying: "British crime flick with Voldemort and Mad Eye Moody". He'll see it for sure because of that.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Knew you'd dig it man. Really awesome flick.

Comment

• I honestly wish we had more of Fiennes though. The constant look of "RAGE" on his face was fucking hilarious.

"Why'd you have to call my kids cunts?!"
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X