Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Defying Acts

The film where Guy Pearce plays Houdini. Couldn't make it through - the voiceover is so on the nose, it makes Blade Runner's look subtle (read: if someone is about to start crying, the voiceover will state, 'She looked like she was about to cry') and Catherine Zeta-Jones is both a) awful and b) rocking a horrible Scots accent. These factors conspired to force me to switch it off after 30 minutes and watch The Prestige again. Pearce deserves better, yo.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      The Mechanic

Holy fucking shit was that FUN. Statham is definitely the Action star of the decade. Fun, easy and electrifying, The Mecahnic sure surprised the fuck out of me by being the balls-to-the-walls movie Faster hope it was.
      Told ya! Seriously, I think it's one of the best action movies of the past 10 years. My wife and I loved it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bram Stoker's Dracula

The production design is off the hook. Still. I hadn't seen this in quite some time and I'd forgotten just how gorgeous it really is. I actually had to remind myself what was going on after about 10 minutes because I'd slipped into an "ooh, pretty pictures/Winona" daze. If I'm being honest, I felt a bit like Keanu in the movie - aware of the forces at work, yet ultimately powerless to resist their charms.

It's too Romantic for me to dislike it, even with all the casting and narrative misgivings. Who cares if the last act has a superfluous second ending? The surreal opening battle sequence (featuring Gary Oldman wearing what appears to be an Armadillo masquerading as body armour) isn't just lavish and beautifully done, it's a pretty clear sign to set your phasers to "fun."

And say what you will about faithfulness and what not, but the scene where Harker watches the Count get his Spider-Man on outside the Castle perfectly captures the feel of that part of the novel.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Death Defying Acts

The film where Guy Pearce plays Houdini.
        That sounds horrible, mate. I'd forgotten all about him doing that movie, but I'd no idea it was that bad.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The in-camera effects are astounding.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Room.

I loved it in the most camp of fashions.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've got too much love for Bram Stoker's Dracula too. It doesn't really work for me as a film, but it really is one of the most handsomely put together films of its sort to ever have been made and Oldman is phenomenal.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                The Room.

I loved it in the most camp of fashions.
                First time? It really holds up to repeated viewings.

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                I've got too much love for Bram Stoker's Dracula too. It doesn't really work for me as a film, but it really is one of the most handsomely put together films of its sort to ever have been made and Oldman is phenomenal.
                It totally works as a film for me (on more than just a pretty pictures level) until the last act with its unnecessary extra ending. Don't know why they didn't just lose the extra showdown and cut straight to the castle for the finale. And a big yes to Oldman.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• It just seemed like the right sort of day to waste on Mr. Wiseau's Opus.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                    I've got too much love for Bram Stoker's Dracula too. It doesn't really work for me as a film, but it really is one of the most handsomely put together films of its sort to ever have been made and Oldman is phenomenal.
                    Still think Oldman is great in it, but while I loved it back when I was 16 and playing Vampire: The Masquarade, now the whole movie is nerve grating and pretty poor.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Bram Stoker's is a fucking MESS, but it is one hell of an entertaining mess.

Comment

• Beautiful mess.

AND TOM FUCKING WAITS EATIN' BUGS.

It's not all bad, fellas. Not like there were CG monsters or the Fresh Prince reciting a speech by a cartoon ogre in it.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          Bram Stoker's is a fucking MESS, but it is one hell of an entertaining mess.
                          This is about the long and short of it.
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Forgot also about naked Belluci.

Not THAT bad then!
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Bram Stoker's is a fucking MESS, but it is one hell of an entertaining mess.
                              Maybe it's been a while but the only redeemable things in that movie that I remember was in the in-camera stuff, Belucci and that's about it.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Renfield was a boss WITH a boss.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X