Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    I was a 'Bloom County' man, meself...
    absofrickinlutely.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Opus, Bill the Cat, Binkley, Milo, and Steve fuckin' Dallas ruled. RULED.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Opus, Bill the Cat, Binkley, Milo, and Steve fuckin' Dallas ruled. RULED.
        God...remember the run where Opus got a nose job? For something like 2 weeks, they'd keep having random objects in front of his nose so that you couldn't see what it looked like. They finally showed it, and that's all that we talked about in school that day. Great stuff.

I'm pretty sure that I still have my 'Don't blame me I voted for Bill and Opus' T-shirt somewhere...
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Especially when the aliens turned Steve Dallas into a sensitive liberal Alan Alda clone...

I think the happiest day of my comic reading career was when he finally changed back.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure no one can explain Zippy the Pinhead.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Kind of explains Vin and Lola...

Matt, loved the Opus' nose job strips, those were great. Also loved the Bill the Cat Story, anything with Cutter John and Oliver Wendell Jones, and Rosebud the Basselope.

Comment

Kind of explains Vin and Lola...

Matt, loved the Opus' nose job strips, those were great. Also loved the Bill the Cat Story, anything with Cutter John and Oliver Wendell Jones, and Rosebud the Basselope.
                I'm outta rep. Someone hook a brother up.

Comment

• Done
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I tried, Vin. I'm always outta rep for Tim, though.

Also: BILLY AND THE BOINGERS (nee DEATHTONGUE)

Comment

• Dr. Jones and the Facemelters.

This morning's clip led me to watch this fine film again for the five thousandth time.

The goofy cues by John Williams' flautist whenever Indy is running from something crack me up. I miss goofy John Williams scores. He should never use a choir ever again.

And LOL @ Cairo being described as a paradise. Typical drunk guy talk, Sallah.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My favorite film of all time. Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          Ghost World.

Good film.
                          I'm with Rob on that one. Great movie. Never really found it depressing though. Just realistic (that sounds awfully pessimistic, maybe that's why!)

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          I only ever saw parts of Ghost World - must give it a proper viewing one of these days.
                          Strongly recommended. I still kind of think of Scarlett Johansson as one of "my" dream girls because I loved it (and, by extension) her in the flick so much before she was "SCARLETT JOHANSSON!!!" Great soundtrack/score, too.

I watched Halloween (1978) again last night. The script flaws and bad performances rankle more now than ever, but it still retains so much power and charm that it almost doesn't even matter. And that atmosphere... ridiculously effective. Such a shame Zombie botched his so badly because watching this again reminded me just how ripe this really was for the remake treatment... not the Gus Van Sant remake treatment which the '07 version veered much too close to.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• *scarlettjohanssonwouldlookgoodonyourarm,Bobbyfist *

Also, firm agreement with you re: Carpenter's Halloween over Zombie's version. I'm a fan of House of 1,000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects, and was really, really pulling for Zombie to deliver, but it absolutely came up short. Too much delving into Michael Myers' background kind of mucked up much of the character's mystique - Carpenter's take was much more harrowing (was Michael possessed, or was he born evil?) - and to a certain extent, Michael became almost sympathetic, which is something I'm not looking for in my serial killers.

Still, Zombie's version did deliver some truly nasty kills (Michael's beating of the bully in the woods was fucking brutal. Really, really brutal), and had some great ideas that could've done with some more polish and pacing.

Comment

• Don't let Ari read this, but ScarJo makes Portman look like kibble.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

*scarlettjohanssonwouldlookgoodonyourarm,Bobbyfist *
                                As amazing as she looks now, that's the movie I took a shine to her in. It retains a special place. Still kinda have a thing for her little tummy.

If she'd dressed up like a wave one punk with green hair and a leather jacket instead of Enid, it's quite possible that DVD may have become my most-watched of all time.

Originally posted by Timothy225
                                Also, firm agreement with you re: Carpenter's Halloween over Zombie's version.... Too much delving into Michael Myers' background kind of mucked up much of the character's mystique - Carpenter's take was much more harrowing (was Michael possessed, or was he born evil?) - and to a certain extent, Michael became almost sympathetic, which is something I'm not looking for in my serial killers.

Still, Zombie's version... had some great ideas that could've done with some more polish and pacing.
                                TO-tally!
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X