Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    Trainspotting....
    I wonder how the UK took to the movie?
    I could be walking right into this if you're joking, but Trainspotting was a huge movie in the UK. Think of the filmic equivalent of the Brit-Pop bands, yours Oases, Blurs, and Pulps. It's widely regarded to have helped usher in a new generation of "exciting, edgy" new British films and filmmakers, paving the way for the likes of Human Traffic and Twenty Four Hour Party People and so on.

Shallow Grave is thoroughly enjoyable, too.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• It got Danny B on the international stage.

Then he went and made dat Beech.

(Which I'll admit I still get nostalgic about. Mostly because of the soundtrack. And Virginie Ledoyen. HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH)
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        For some reason I remember the UK trying to ban it and US lawmakers attempted to follow suit.
        Mate, the BBFC (and the public's) legacy of getting up in arms about films that today seem tame - or tamer - is as long as it is amazing. The Media got into a tizzy over Shopping because they thought Jude Law and Sadie Frost would incite every kid who wasn't joyriding and looting shops already to do so. This is to say nothing of A Clockwork Orange and Texas Chainsaw.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Didn´t Turtles nearly get banned in the UK because of those devilish Nunchucks?

Comment

• The name was changed to "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles". It wasn't banned.

As for taking 15 years to see this? I have a hang up about seeing people shooting up in film. So the mental image of what I had was a lot worse since I figured "How much could they get away with the MPAA?"

Also, Johnny Lee Miller is not much of an actor but he's better in this than Hackers.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Hence the tiny word "nearly". But maybe the world would have been better of without "nearly".

Comment

• You're one weird dude Ed.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ehh, it's not like anyone here is "Joe Football" either.

Comment

• Settle down sir. Was just an observation. No malice behind it.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• *Brings it down a notch*

It's cool

Comment

• Half of A Fish Called Wanda. Still great.

Just One of The Guys. Still fun as well.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Joyce is fucking hottttttt

Comment

• are those boobs?
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                              Joyce is fucking hottttttt
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• boobs in a pg movie: the gift that keeps on giving.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X