Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
    Just watched Eyes Without a Face. Creepy horrorish French film from the 60s. I swear, it has the most nightmarish mask that I have ever seen in cinema. I read that the mask from this film is where Carpenter got his idea for the Mike Meyers mask.
    Amazing film. The editing is soooo ahead of American cinema of the same period and it is still a wholly unsettling experience watching the film. Probably my favourite horror film of all time. The only titles that jostle with it are Freaks and Carpenter's The Thing.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Happened to catch American Gangster on BET, and shit what a great flick. Haven't seen it since it first opened (saw it twice theatrically) and it holds up.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The Last Wave

For you Peter Weir fans out there, check out this movie with Richard Chamberlin as an attorney picked to defend aboriginals against murder. I enjoyed this movie because of its depictions of something uniquely Australian and somber atmospheric score. It's pretty damn low budget, but still worthwhile in my view.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I remember that being a GREAT movie, Ed. Need to see that one again.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It was very very good. The movie has been given a criterion release and looks spiffy.

Again, what helps is that this is a story unique to its own country. No way this would fly here in the states.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
              Amazing film. The editing is soooo ahead of American cinema of the same period and it is still a wholly unsettling experience watching the film. Probably my favourite horror film of all time. The only titles that jostle with it are Freaks and Carpenter's The Thing.
              Amen to that, good sir!
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Watched Anti-Christ last night. There some really great visuals during certain parts but the clusterfuck of crazy by the wife at the end doesn't feel earned. Maybe earned is a bad word for it but it just doesn't feel like she's built up to that kind of crazy. I know the sequences from the past are supposed to help with that but it just seems like she goes from normal crazy to OMGI'MCOOCOOFORCLITORALMUTILATIONPUFFS in an instant. Also the beginning drags on soooooooooooooooooooooo much that I almost fell asleep. Coolest part was the fox out of nowhere with "Chaos reigns."

Also this may be terrible but for some reason I lulz'd hardcore at the kids demise, it was just so ridiculous that parents of a kid that age would leave a window open in the middle of a SNOWSTORM.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  I know the sequences from the past are supposed to help with that but it just seems like she goes from normal crazy to OMGI'MCOOCOOFORCLITORALMUTILATIONPUFFS in an instant.
                  This may be the single coolest sentence I've ever read.

Comment

• I do try Vin, seriously.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Continued a bit more on 'The Civil War' last night. Holy shit, Gettysburg.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                        Watched Anti-Christ last night. There some really great visuals during certain parts but the clusterfuck of crazy by the wife at the end doesn't feel earned. Maybe earned is a bad word for it but it just doesn't feel like she's built up to that kind of crazy. I know the sequences from the past are supposed to help with that but it just seems like she goes from normal crazy to OMGI'MCOOCOOFORCLITORALMUTILATIONPUFFS in an instant. Also the beginning drags on soooooooooooooooooooooo much that I almost fell asleep. Coolest part was the fox out of nowhere with "Chaos reigns."

Also this may be terrible but for some reason I lulz'd hardcore at the kids demise, it was just so ridiculous that parents of a kid that age would leave a window open in the middle of a SNOWSTORM.
                        The entire film charts a decline from the word go in regards to her sanity. "Normal crazy" as hilarious as that sounds is not an apt description for Gainsbourg's character. At all.

I had an opposite reaction when their son fell. It was horrifying and haunted me for the rest of the film (as it was supposed to).

If there were any moment that felt out of place or askew (and that is saying something), it was the denouement on the forested hill.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-12-2011, 12:47 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• You had me at 'denouement'...

*sigh*

Comment

• Just watched Prince of Persia.

What a fuck ugly, boring piece of shit. Given all those washed out desert shots, this movie can single handedly kill the Green Lantern. it surely warrants a Tati-style watching via 10x times forward.

In short, the best way to describe this abnomination is "sandy vagina".

Comment

• But the chick is hot. Prince of Persia could have been saved by having her fisting herself onscreen to activate the Sandy Vagina of Time.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                                The entire film charts a decline from the word go in regards to her sanity. "Normal crazy" as hilarious as that sounds is not an apt description for Gainsbourg's character. At all.

I had an opposite reaction when their son fell. It was horrifying and haunted me for the rest of the film (as it was supposed to).

If there were any moment that felt out of place or askew (and that is saying something), it was the denouement on the forested hill.
                                Agree to disagree.(as I'm supposed to)

Comment

Working...
                                X