Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Naw, it was pretty fucking incredible. It's totally silly, and so much goddamn fun. I was expecting non-stop soliloquies and St. Crispin's Day speeches from Kenny, but he said fuck that, let's have fun. It was WAY funnier than I ever expected, even when they used the EXACT same joke twice within like 30 seconds. Everything in this movie clicks. Portman/Thor have fine chemistry, but her character was pretty much blandy mcblanderson, she was just there to act as our conduit. Weakest point was that Warriors Three needed more time (Ray Stevenson should be in every frame of this movie) and fuck do I want a movie of nothing but Stringer Bell fucking people up on the Rainbow Road.

EDIT: My immediate reaction: "this might be my favorite comic film behind Dark Knight...need to re-watch X2 though"
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
      I must add that Lord Marshall of the Necromongers as Laufey the Frost Giant King was so friggin' cool (and sadly underrepresented). Motherfucker looked like he was spawned from the same thing that spat out The Darkness from Legend.

Also: the score was fucking perfect. Heroic/alpha as fuck.
      Colm Feore is one of the best Canadian actor you'll find. Totally underrated. That being said, Thor was really good. Like, really. And I never liked that superhero.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Colm Feore IS the best Canadian actor you'll find. Totally underrated.
        fixed...

Comment

• I think you're right.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• God, The Other Guys is fucking hilarious.
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• THANK YOU.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Fucking love that movie.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Preadtors

FilmNerdJamie said it best. How did Laurence Fishburne get so fat scavenging on the planet?
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Predator dogs are high in fat.

Comment

• And have "shitty acting" worms in their poop.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The Other Guys - very good, lulzed here and there, and always great to see Keaton in action. Ferrel and Wahlberg delivered; especially loved the scene with Ferrel, Mendes, and the Mendes' character's mom acting as the go-between. Liked the chase scene, and the infographics re: Ponzi schemes, and bailouts (RAGE!), etc. at the end.

Scott Pilgrim - pretty good, though I wasn't sucked into it like I thought I would be. Michael Cera did a great job, but his character struck me as a bit of a dick when it came to romance - still haven't made the commitment to reading the books yet (I will eventually), so those might give me better perspective on the characters. Will probably give this another spin, see if I can get more into it.

Thor - Frickin' awesome. 'Nuff said. Perfect capstone to what turned out to be a very comics-influenced weekend for me (Saturday was Free Comic Book Day, and I revisited some stuff in my collection).

Comment

• 'Hearts of Darkness: A Filmaker's Apocalypse'. Still one of the best documentaries that I've ever seen. The truly candid stuff with FFC going insane is kinda frightening.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "The Horde" on Instant.

French zombie film with bent cops and drug dealers taking on all of infected Paris.

I liked it.

Comment

• The King's Speech

While good, it would have played better had it been an HBO tv movie. There was no reason this should have won best director compared to David Fincher. However, if Bale had not been in The Fighter, Geoffrey Rush would have definitely won for Lionel Logue.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Sorry, but I loved 'the King's Speech' without reservation. 10/10. I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end. While I don't have an issue with it winning Best Picture (unlike others), I'm of the opinion that 'the Fighter' was the actual BP for last year.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X