Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

Also dug how cold-blooded he got with Jean Claude and his wife: "It's a flesh wound. But if you don't get me what I need, the last thing you'll see before I make your children orphans is the bullet I put between her eyes!"
    Though Jack Bauer had done the same thing even colder to Peter Wellers wife in Season 5 (?). Goddamnit!

Comment

• loved the way that he interrogated and killed that dirty cop in the elevator. After shooting him in both shoulders and in the leg, he gets the info that he wants. Does he let him live? Oh no...he unloads 5-6 shots into the guy at point blank range. It's little things like that that can't help but bring a smile to my face.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
        'World's Greatest Dad' begs to differ sir.
        Okay, so one other film and I will concede WGD is spectacular but from these two films you see he has skills yet he chooses to "Hey hoooo lookatmeI'mRobinWilliams" roles. Such a shame.

And Infernal Affairs is twice the movie that The Departed is, but it ain't in Bawston.
        Agreed as I much prefer Infernal Affairs but The Departed, measured on it's own is still a very very good film. And yeah, Bawwston.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          'Taken'. I'm late to the party on this one...I've seen bits and pieces of it here and there but never all the way through in one shot.

I kinda...loved it. It's lean and mean with almost zero fat. Nice and intense with some well done and righteous violence. Neeson was great from start to finish.

Favorite moments:
          - the phone conversation with Marco: 'I will pursue you, I will find you, I will kill you.' 'Good Luck'
          - the scene where, pretending to be a cop, he finds Marco with those other Albanians. 'You don't remember me, do you? I told you two days ago that I would find you' Violence erupts.

Neeson does COLD-BLOODED and RUTHLESS very, very well. I was impressed.
          But Neeson blinks when he fires a weapon...

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
            But Neeson blinks when he fires a weapon...
            He can do whatever the fuck he wants when he kills smug eurotrash.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm going to watch 'Rob Roy' to see if he blinks
                Spoiler: sperlurr... 
              when he kills Tim Roth.

Comment

• His eyes were shut the whole time
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• THOR.

God of thunder.

Son of Odin.

Badass with a fucking hammer.

I understand the complaint about the Hawkeye cameo being nothing but unnecessary, I will agree that there should've been more Warriors Three, but I don't get the whining about the Thor/Jane relationship.

I really thought the chemistry between Hemsworth and The Portman was good.
                    Spoiler: SPRLR? SPRLR. 
                  And who the fuck wouldn't rebuild the rainbow bridge with their bare goddamned hands to go back to the realm of the mortals for the fucking Portman?

Kirk's Dad had the presence and the swagger of the sort of badass motherfucker who KNOWS they're a badass motherfucker. He was a little shaky in his delivery early on, but I suppose that was more to do with him trying to be as arrogant and unlikeable as possible to sell the fact he needed a punch to the thundercock and learn some humility on Earf.
                    Spoiler: ANOTHER ONE. 
                  When he got Mjolnir back, it was a total brofist moment. Destroyer? Fuck you, ya punkass bitch (even though you were seriously awesome to see tearing shit apart for those few moments you didn't get a hammer to the face). MJOLNIR ALL UP IN YO ASS.

Hopkins owned as Odin (Owndin? No, it'll never work). Absolutely perfect casting.

Black Heimdall was fucking great (As though Stringer would be nothing short of fucking great. COME ON.).

But Loki was the one who stole the show. They actually made me feel bad for the guy in the end. No doubt in my mind that Hiddleston will be a great villain in future installments.

And the fights were well done too. Each served a purpose in telling the story, as opposed to the spectacle for spectacle's sake bullshit usually seen in the summer releases (Pirates 4 will probably be an offender). They all had a holy shit moment, and that is an astounding feat unto itself.

I can not fucking wait to see the Mighty Thor throw down with the rest of the Avengers next summer, and now Cap (FUCKING CAP, Y'ALL) will be throwin' shields and punchin' Hydra chodes in July! FUCKIN' PUMPED.

AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

(This must be how Randy Savage feels every day)
                  Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-06-2011, 07:46 PM.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I must add that Lord Marshall of the Necromongers as Laufey the Frost Giant King was so friggin' cool (and sadly underrepresented). Motherfucker looked like he was spawned from the same thing that spat out The Darkness from Legend.

Also: the score was fucking perfect. Heroic/alpha as fuck.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-06-2011, 08:14 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• goddamn sir. This movie better blow my foreskin off. Ok, I don't have any foreskin, but still....that's quite the glowing review.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I was lit when I saw it, so make of my incoherent babbling/ZJ-ing of the movie as you will.

If you don't at the very least enjoy it, I will eat my hat.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Now that you have kinect I can watch you eat it....
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You'd better enjoy the movie.

Because I love this hat.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• lower your expectations. It was good but not transcendent.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Naw, it was pretty fucking incredible. It's totally silly, and so much goddamn fun. I was expecting non-stop soliloquies and St. Crispin's Day speeches from Kenny, but he said fuck that, let's have fun. It was WAY funnier than I ever expected, even when they used the EXACT same joke twice within like 30 seconds. Everything in this movie clicks. Portman/Thor have fine chemistry, but her character was pretty much blandy mcblanderson, she was just there to act as our conduit. Weakest point was that Warriors Three needed more time (Ray Stevenson should be in every frame of this movie) and fuck do I want a movie of nothing but Stringer Bell fucking people up on the Rainbow Road.

EDIT: My immediate reaction: "this might be my favorite comic film behind Dark Knight...need to re-watch X2 though"

Comment

Working...
                                X