Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously. James Gunn is amazing.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• That's the moment I totally bought into the movie. I was just like "yep, this is great.".
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It was so goddamned out there, and yet he made it work.

JAMES GUNN RESPECTAN
        RAINN WILSON WRENCHAN
        ELLEN PAGE GUSHAN
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My only issue? Page. Not so much with her acting but the character. That the most inconsistent part IMO.

Also I fucking love PPV. SRS. My cable bill is gonna be retarded this month,

Comment

• Gonna hopefully watch 'Rubber' tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
              My only issue? Page. Not so much with her acting but the character. That the most inconsistent part IMO.
              For the calisthenics alone she deserves the oscar (meyer wiener).
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                The action after is good, but hardly up to what was there before.
                While I totally agree with this, the light-trails of the TronPlane making a double helix as it spiralled might be my favourite cinematic image of last year.

And, as much as there is wrong with that whole film (and there's a LOT)... THAT FUCKING SCORE.

If I could play the film with an isolated score audio track, I'd let that play at my next house party.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I watched TRON LEGACY again this afternoon, too. I still really like it. Mostly because Daft Punk owns the movie with that score and the arena stuff. Also OMG Olivia Wilde.

Comment

• Did you guys hear the Tron Legacy: R3CONF1GUR3D???

It's even more Daft Punk than the OST. It's a remix album, but it'S actually even better than the original.

And digger: WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDLE
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Second re: remix album

I knew they were going to release a remix album with longer tracks
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Although the Tron Legacy (End Titles), Derezzed and The Game has Changed tracks on the OST are still aces through. Especially the End Titles one that mixes the theme à la Daft Punk.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Fanboys... they gush!

Comment

• The Fighter. Pretty awesome. Bale steals the blah, blah,
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• A View to a Kill

What Matt said is true, Roger Moore is WAY too old for this movie. And the plot pretty much rips of Lex Luthor's in Superman. But, this movie would have had more standing if a new Bond had came on the scene either Dalton or Pierce Brosnan.

However, I did like the San Francisco fire truck chase. Hell, I wonder if Con Air ripped that off.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• In the Mouth of Madness.

Still my favorite Sam Neill perfermernz. So fucking insane toward the end, especially at the threshold between dimensions that is composed of giant pages of Sutter Cane writing.

The last really really good Carpenter film. So fucking grim. And I'm not even talking about the ending, but when Vigo the Butch eats the buckshot steak. At that point, Trent is completely isolated from anything familiar, the last thread is cut, and his journey into insanity is nearly complete. Closest to a Lovecraft adaptation as there has been (as of yet), and the only one to successfully get the bleak-as-hell mood right.

Also: Blacula. Yes, Blacula. Bill Marshall is all presence and would have made a fantastic Darth Vader had James Earl Jones not existed/Lucas had the balls to make Anakin the nubian god he was supposed to be. Seriously, Marshall is a stoic fucking badass when he's onscreen.

The science doctor's opening scene had me fucking rolling at its conclusion.

Absolutely fantastic soundtrack too.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X