Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, HD/blu ray is pretty unforgiving on older special effects.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Yeah, HD/blu ray is pretty unforgiving on older special effects.
      ROBOCOP
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• YES! Caught that the other night, Rob, and HD is not kind to it, at all.

Comment

• Sometimes high def can go suck a MODOK cock.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah it does take the fun memories of our beloved flicks and holds them to the harsh, cold, light of reality, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Yeah it does take the fun memories of our beloved flicks and holds them to the harsh, cold, light of reality, huh?
              I have to think that something like 'Krull' would look even MORE laughable in HD.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• The Last Starfighter in HD would rape any nostalgia out of it...
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  The Last Starfighter in HD would rape any nostalgia out of it...
                  I've seen bits and pieces of the blu ray for this (a store that I was in was using this blu ray for a demo...not sure why). Grig's makeup/mask really does NOT look good or convincing in HD, and the special effects are almost TOO sharp...they don't blend well with the actors at all.

Comment

• Krull, geez. I don't think I have the strength.

Also, as I am a masochist, I watched Judge Dredd. I'm surprised the British didn't start up the War of 1812 over that flick. At the time they announced the flick was being made, I'd though choosing Stallone to play Dredd was inspired, but looking back...

I have some hope that Karl Urban will do better in the new flick, and that it hews a bit closer to the comics. Probably won't, but hey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      I have some hope that Karl Urban will do better in the new flick, and that it hews a bit closer to the comics. Probably won't, but hey...
                      ZERO Rob Schneider = A BETTER FILM.

As bad as 'Judge Dredd' was, it still had a lot of really cool elements/moments to it. I loved Max Von Sydow's character and the quiet dignity that he brought to the role, I liked the overall 'look' of the film (Mega City was pretty cool, actually), and I liked Armand Assante's totally over the top scenery chewing. Also, Diane Lane was pretty nice to look at.

God, I remember watching interviews with Stallone and Schneider. They really thought that they were going to absolutely dominate the Summer with this film and leave 'little bits of batwing' all over the place (in reference to 'Batman Forever'). Unbelievable.
                      Last edited by Matt; 04-11-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• The robots were bad ass in that flick.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Never saw it. Thought it looked dumb.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• It was extremely dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
                              The robots were bad ass in that flick.
                              That war robot that Armand Assante used was a fantastic effect.

Comment

• Very much so. The comic could get pretty epic in scale, and had some great biting social commentary in it, but the film shit the bed as far as that went.

I will say the robot Rico used was pretty sweet, though. *robofistRob+Matt*

Comment

Working...
                                X