Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As good as Fred and Kevin are in that film, Michael Gross is the true 'secret weapon' that makes that film just...sing. It's hard to believe that it's the dad from 'Family Ties' just tearin' it up. GREAT fun.

I haven't watched that in yeeeeeeears...time for a re-watch, methinks.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Tremors.

The best of the Jaws ripoffs by a mile. Ron Underwood nails the pace and tone of this sucker beautifully. So much fun from start to finish.

My favourite bit: Michael Gross unloading half his arsenal on one of the graboids and defiantly shouting, "Broke into the wrong goddamn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!"
      Tremors wins on Kevin Bacon/Fred Ward combo alone.

EDIT:regardless of what the fool above me said.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Loved Tremors, mostly for Michael Gross and Reba McEntire, too. And leave us not forget the mighty Victor Wong - "GRABOIDS!"

Comment

• Ew... Reba McEntire. *shudders*

Add fake tits that are way too big, and you have my second wife.

Still, though... a Southern accent makes me wet.

Comment

• hey now, I'm not dissin' the Bacon/Ward duo in any way, shape, or form. Without them, the film wouldn't work at all. They're fantastic and great fun to watch. Gross, though...If Bacon/Ward are the Trans Am, Gross is the spoiler and the sidepipes that make you go FUCKIN' A!!!!
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              hey now, I'm not dissin' the Bacon/Ward duo in any way, shape, or form. Without them, the film wouldn't work at all. They're fantastic and great fun to watch. Gross, though...If Bacon/Ward are the Trans Am, Gross is the spoiler and the sidepipes that make you go FUCKIN' A!!!!
              You forgot the sweet fucking eagle decal on the hood...

Comment

hey now, I'm not dissin' the Bacon/Ward duo in any way, shape, or form. Without them, the film wouldn't work at all. They're fantastic and great fun to watch. Gross, though...If Bacon/Ward are the Trans Am, Gross is the spoiler and the sidepipes that make you go FUCKIN' A!!!!
                Originally posted by V View Post
                You forgot the sweet fucking eagle decal on the hood...
                And this is why I come back here. PERFECT
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Was watching Se7en last night and caught this song playing in the diner when they are waiting to meet the bureau guy to give him the book titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ayawh378Q

Comment

• All those pleats and turtlenecks...

Comment

As good as Fred and Kevin are in that film, Michael Gross is the true 'secret weapon' that makes that film just...sing. It's hard to believe that it's the dad from 'Family Ties' just tearin' it up. GREAT fun.
                      This right here. Fuck Ward. Fuck Bacon. Gross is the MVP. BURT MOTHERFUCKING GUMMER FOR THE WIN.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• MELVIN, y'all.

MELVIN.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!

Comment

• Firmly in the shrugging camp on Hot Rod. Even with the Fisher Factor, I just don't see the appeal.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Moistington III View Post
                              This right here. Fuck Ward. Fuck Bacon. Gross is the MVP. BURT MOTHERFUCKING GUMMER FOR THE WIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                Firmly in the shrugging camp on Hot Rod. Even with the Fisher Factor, I just don't see the appeal.
                                I'm firmly in the 'love it' camp. It takes maybe 15 minutes to get going, but once Rod is getting high, power dancing in the clearing in the forest and then takes that incredible fall, I was sold and the whole thing only improves on repeat viewings.

To those that have only seen it once, please do yourself favour and give it another go. There are so many gags in it that you can forgive the ones that miss, cos there's another winner coming along any second. Besides, McShane, McBride, Taccone and Hader are the supporting players. They're all too good to consistently fail.

Last night gave me only my second viewing of Executive Decision in 15 years. I was lukewarm on it when it first came out, but maybe because summer action films have become so ball-less, I fucking had a blast with it last night.

There are some nicely tense setups in it, Kurt Russell is on form, there's a surprising (by today's standards) amount of blood flying around when bullets are unleashed and I reckon when you look at all the late-90s Die Hard ripoffs, this has got to be right near - if not at - the top. The supporting cast is awesome (how has Oliver Platt never outstayed his welcome playing these roles?), the plot's goofy yet tight enough that it works, the effects and villain trump Air Force One easily, Jerry Goldsmith delivers a nice, bombastic score and all in all I'd say its more entertaining than Under Siege or maybe even Die Hard 2. Great fun. What the fuck happened to Stuart Baird? Give that guy a Punisher film to do, or some shit.

ETA: Wait, he directed US Marshals and Star Trek: Nemesis - fuck that guy. Stick to the editing, Stuart. Seriously, his editing credits are insane.
                                Last edited by Ben Thomas; 04-05-2011, 10:29 AM.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X