Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Vanderhuge View Post
    HOT ROD. Fucking incredible. Can't believe that people hated this.
    People that hate HOT ROD hate fun.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Wait, WHAT? MacGruber is a horrible piece of shit.
      This. MacGruber would fucking KILL if it was only 40 mins long.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hot Tub Time Machine.

Enjoyed it much more last night than when I first caught it.

Probably because there wasn't a kid kicking the back of my fucking seat this time. In my house.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Watched Battle: Los Angeles - Aaron Eckhart is Vin, though he was a Marine in this flick. Far from perfect, but nowhere near as bad as Skyline though somewhat reminiscent of Independence Day, though some of the character beats needed work (Exkhart and Rodriguez generated enough interest in their characters, the rest were just cannon fodder). I also wanted to see more alien vs. civilian stuff besides what we saw on the beach when the invasion first starts. Still, nice pacing, storyline worked despite a couple of plot holes, the SFX seemed to blend in nicely more often than not, and I wouldn't mind another go 'round with this franchise.

Does have me wondering if Bay was ever consulted for this project - would have figured this would be right up his alley.

Comment

• Source Code

It's damn good and I didn't notice an issue with the ending.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The ending is CRAZY fucking "omg life is beautiful check that plastic bag in the wind" sappy. It's those 5 minutes, then it goes into a fine "final" ending, but that totally sappy live your life and seize it part was horrible.

Comment

• *shrug*

It didn't ruin the movie for me. I actually thought the real ending was going
                to be

Spoiler: SPOILER 
                to be having him die and having Goodwin pretty much wreck the program. Even though when you think about it, she kind of did in that one reality. Had that been the case, I would have thought the ending ruined the entire film. Still, I loved the reveal of how Stevens "actually" communicated. It also explains why the "room" he was in looked the way it did.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Please no spoilers. thanks.

Comment

• Rob - OUTLANDER WILKOMM

Comment

• It's different when it's something that has been out for ever, but this just came out. I just want to not know the ending of this movie as it's not even in the thread for it. I have no problems with spoilers if it's in a thread that specificically says SPOILERS BITCHES. haha

Comment

• Watched 'Ever Since The World Ended' on Netfrix...

I posted a review. For your consideration, gentles...

I wish I could get back the 81 minutes of my life after watching this film. I'll admit, when I read the premise, I found it intriquing. I was looking forward to something a little different. Instead, I was subjected to a film about 100 some-odd people in the Bay Area with a passion for '60's philosophy.

I'm sorry. You don't open museums and teach kids (which you should not really be having at a time like that, but that's another story...) about Leonardo DaVinci until you have the necessities for survival. Potable water. Sources of food. A workable system of defense. I'd love to get in harmony with my chi, and perhaps my inner hippie needs nurturing.... but survival comes first. Or maybe I got it all wrong after a 20 year career as a professional soldier.

I know it's a movie... but it's not a very good one. If you're looking for films about doomsday, then watch Don McKellar's 'Last Night'.

Comment

• I could not connect to netflix at all last night. I was a sad panda.

Comment

• 'The Game'. I still dig the hell out of this flick. It's a great mindfuck that, while totally implausible, never feels like it cheats the audience. Fincher's technical precision really suits the material well, and his cold, detached style works in creating the sense of paranoia that Douglas feels throughout the story.

Good GOD is Deborah Kara Unger hot.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              'The Game'. I still dig the hell out of this flick. It's a great mindfuck that, while totally implausible, never feels like it cheats the audience. Fincher's technical precision really suits the material well, and his cold, detached style works in creating the sense of paranoia that Douglas feels throughout the story.

Good GOD is Deborah Kara Unger hot.
                              FUCK THAT CLOWN
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Tremors.

The best of the Jaws ripoffs by a mile. Ron Underwood nails the pace and tone of this sucker beautifully. So much fun from start to finish.

My favourite bit: Michael Gross unloading half his arsenal on one of the graboids and defiantly shouting, "Broke into the wrong goddamn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!"
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X