Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God...you need to get some beer and correct this oversight. Seriously, it's a scream. It's Nicolas Cage's finest hour.
    Let me know when it's on instant.
    Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
    I watched both of those accidental comedy greats all the way through. Perhaps that's the greatest slight at Shooter of all.
    Bobby, I will agree to disagree, but THEY KILLED HEEES DAWG!!!!
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Josh: if you want, do a youtube search for 'Wicker Man'. you should find some pretty stellar highlight reels on there.

HOW'D IT GET BURNED???!!! HOW'D IT GET BURNED HOW'D IT GET BURNED???!!!!

Seriously, it's Nic Cage at his Nic Cagiest. HUGE laughs to be had.

eta: dammit, now I'm in the mood to watch this damned film again.
      Last edited by Matt; 03-29-2011, 12:57 PM.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Bobby, I will agree to disagree, but THEY KILLED HEEES DAWG!!!!
        That they did.

I, too, will agree to disagree. However, I put it to you that any movie which features the following exchange...

Glover: "Bob Lee Swagger? My name is Colonel Isaac Johnson. You're a hard man to find."
        Wahlberg: "Not hard enough."

... and subsequently drops the ball so poorly needs more than a few admittedly attractive actresses to earn our passions.
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I blame Danny glover. He's too old for this shit.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So, I went to see Sucker Punch, but I was late, so I went to see...

Hobo with a Shotgun.

Holy shit was it fun. Really really gory and violent. Rutger Hauer is a God among men. It really avoids to turn into a parody, yet reminas fun.

Go see this movie ASAP.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I do want to see it ASAP! I didn't even know it was showing anywhere yet.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                I TRIED watching this again about a year ago. TRIED. Good GOD has it aged badly.
                - bad pacing
                - cheesy, REALLY cheesy special effects
                - a completely meh lead in Ken Marshall
                - a potentially cool weapon that isn't even used until the last 5 minutes of the film...and is then rendered uber-lame by the effects.

Seriously, 'Krull' makes 'the Sword and the Sorcerer' look like 'Citizen Kane'. 'Hawk the Slayer' KNOWS it's a low-budget D&D knockoff and has fun with it...'Krull' plays it so seriously that it's rendered ridiculous.

'Krull' DOES have a great score, and Lysette Anthony is an extremely pretty gal. Also, it's fun to see Liam Neeson and Alun Armstrong slumming it up.
                Yeah. And look at the awesome hyper limited poster by Phantom City.

Or The Last Starfighter

Check out their work. Fuck Mondo, this is the shit.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                BASEketball.

Fuck, I still laughed pretty hard throughout this flick. Is this the last David Zucker flick to be actually funny?

"We gotta get jobs. Then we get the khakis. Then we get the chicks."
                God I love this movie! Steeeeeeeeeeeeeve Perry!

Comment

• Same here, must be making the rounds outside of the US and will then finally show up here.

Same thing happened with PAUL.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    I do want to see it ASAP! I didn't even know it was showing anywhere yet.
                    IN CANADA, FUCK YEAH! It's a Canadian film!

I think it's out in the US on May 6th.

Comment

• The movie that put Halifax on that map and then everyone went back to forgetting about it five minutes afterwards.

Comment

• So I went with All the President's Men.

Yep, its one of the great 70's films. Gordon Willis' camera, the score, Redford and Hoffman at the peak of their powers (Redford especially - I love the moments where he fluffs a line and recovers; you can't tell if Woodward got it wrong or Redford did, its that good), the most Pakula of all Pakula movies and the supporting cast is insane. Great film. Ideally I'd have sandwiched it between Good Night and Frost/Nixon, but this worked out just fine, all the same. I'd like to see a return to sudden, cold endings films like this and The French Connection do so well. It forces you to ask yourself questions that linger long after the film has finished.

I will say, its a film I was interested and gripped by, but not one that I could really love, if that makes sense. Not the way I love The Conversation or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Rod Lurie of all people, said it best about the ending. You already know how it ends. Why not just show the beginning of the end.

Comment

• I remember watching that a few years ago with my wife and really getting thrown by the 'is this Kenneth J. Dahlberg' conversation with Robert Redford. Kenneth was the father of Jeff, our boss over at the place where my wife and I met. The Piper/Jaffray kidnapping that Kenneth referred to was a huge deal, too.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That movie should be required viewing in High School.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Pair that movie with SHATTERED GLASS and you got yourself a high & low of journalism double feature

Comment

Working...
                                X