Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Ben: 'All the President's Men' would be a solid capper.
    Matt nails it - I just rewatched that film over the weekend, and it would absolutely mesh well with GNGB and Frost/Nixon for obvious reasons. All three flicks just deliver and delivery magnificently.

Comment

• I love the pep talk Jason Robards gives at the end.

You know the results of the latest Gallup Poll? Half the country never even heard of the word Watergate. Nobody gives a shit. You guys are probably pretty tired, right? Well, you should be. Go on home, get a nice hot bath. Rest up... 15 minutes. Then get your asses back in gear. We're under a lot of pressure, you know, and you put us there. Nothing's riding on this except the, uh, first amendment to the Constitution, freedom of the press, and maybe the future of the country. Not that any of that matters, but if you guys fuck up again, I'm going to get mad. Goodnight.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        Or perhaps LIVE FROM BAGHDAD with Michael Keaton and Helena Bottam Carter about CNN reporting from the First Gulf War. Maybe even SHATTERED GLASS, the only movie I like to say where Hayden Christensen ever acted.
        Really like this one. Would like to read Keaton's character's book.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
          May I see your man card sir?

I was with you till that last bit.
          I believe my "Radiant Isla Fisher's out of 5" cinematic rating scale lets me off that particular hook, sir. Mitra and Mara are both gloriously attractive, but Shooter turns into a debacle halfway through. Rebecca Hall would struggle to make it watchable. Rebecca Hall!

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          'Krull' DOES have a great score, and Lysette Anthony is an extremely pretty gal. Also, it's fun to see Liam Neeson and Alun Armstrong slumming it up.
          Agreed on all fronts, especially the towering Horner score. I saw it for the first time not too long ago and really enjoyed the craggy effects and unapologetic cheese. And Martin's really onto something with the Slayers. They rock.

it's the finger bend on the carnie that gets me every time.
          That and the elephant line always crack me up.

I did a Jesse Eisenberg double-header recently; watched Zombieland again last night (liked it better second time round) and finally saw The Social Network today. It's every bit as technically impressive as I'd expect from Fincher and Garfield is a delight.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Bobby, I don't want to live in a world where Mara and Mitra can't get you through Shooter. I just can't.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Haven't seen All the President's Men for years, that's a great shout.

I'll give Live From Baghdad a spin too, haven't seen that one.

I really liked Welcome to Sarajevo, anyone remember that one?
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Zooey Deschanel got me through The Happening. Just. Is that any consolation?
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I've heard of Welcome to Sarajevo, that's by Michael Winterbottom right?
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Bobby, I don't want to live in a world where Mara and Mitra can't get you through Shooter. I just can't.
                    A movie with the plot of 'Machete' and the name from Sharon Stone's novel in 'Basic Instinct'. Good God, I actually paid money to see this one in the theater.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                      Zooey Deschanel got me through The Happening. Just. Is that any consolation?
                      Barely, but only because of shamalammadingdong
                      A movie with the plot of 'Machete' and the name from Sharon Stone's novel in 'Basic Instinct'. Good God, I actually paid money to see this one in the theater.
                      Mara and Mitra should be a couple. That'd be sooooo
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I still say that 'The Happening' and 'The Wicker Man' are two of the best unintentional comedies of the last decade. TOTALLY watchable.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Happening was giggle worthy for sure. Never saw Wicker Man so no comment.

Comment

Mara and Mitra should be a couple.
                            A couple of assassins... in their own movie! It takes the best elements of Shooter and throws in a little Bound flavour. That I would watch.

Comment

Never saw Wicker Man so no comment.
                              Oh man oh God oh man oh God oh man oh God...you need to get some beer and correct this oversight. Seriously, it's a scream. It's Nicolas Cage's finest hour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                I still say that 'The Happening' and 'The Wicker Man' are two of the best unintentional comedies of the last decade. TOTALLY watchable.
                                I watched both of those accidental comedy greats all the way through. Perhaps that's the greatest slight at Shooter of all.

Comment

Working...
                                X