Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd agree with that.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I dug the hell out of 'Wanted'.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Layer Cake.

Between the fantastic soundtrack, headhunting Serbs, thick-as-a-Plainview-milkshake northern accents, the fake-tanned Michael Gambon, and Sienna Miller at her absolute hottest, I wish Matt Vaughn would stick to smaller projects.

He was just so fucking on with this one, where everything fit exceptionally well (the plot, cast, etc.), the editing was tight, and even the odd camera flourish didn't distract from the overall picture.

Still my favorite English gangster film of the aughts.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yup, Layer Cake is amazing. Don't know how so many people seem to have missed it. I have no problem putting it on a loop in the background.

Comment

• Its good. But I still prefer Sexy Beast.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Sexy Beast lacks awesome use of "Ordinary World".

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Sexy Beast lacks awesome use of "Ordinary World".
                Morty's decimation of that poor bastard Freddie is truly epic (in the completely underused sense of the word).
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'd prefer Sexy Beast over Layer Cake because the way Layer Cake ends is straight out of Carlito's Way.

Both are fantastic movies, don't get me wrong.

Comment

• watched 'Beautiful Girls' the other night for the first time in years. I forgot just how good Natalile Portman was in this film. In all seriousness, she could have gotten an Oscar nod for supporting actress from her work here. Solid, dark little film.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Sexy Beast features the best british swearing this side of In the Loop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        I'd prefer Sexy Beast over Layer Cake because the way Layer Cake ends is straight out of Carlito's Way.

Both are fantastic movies, don't get me wrong.
                        Err...they have similar fades to white, but the circumstances and payoffs for each character are completely different.

And I liked Cake's implications much more in that regard.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          watched 'Beautiful Girls' the other night for the first time in years. I forgot just how good Natalile Portman was in this film. In all seriousness, she could have gotten an Oscar nod for supporting actress from her work here. Solid, dark little film.
                          Love the garbled threats from Mo when they go beat up Darian's husband.

The movie has some fantastic dialogue and quite the assemblage of Gen-X actors.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                            Err...they have similar fades to white, but the circumstances and payoffs for each character are completely different.

And I liked Cake's implications much more in that regard.
                            That's true, Carlito's Way is more of the traditional "Guy gets out of jail and tries to go clean but can't" story line and its ehanced by Sean Penn with an afro.

Overall, Layer Cake is the better movie, with far more memorable characters. Carlito's Way is more of a reunion of the same guy's who did Scarface. I will still give it praise for giving us a look into Puerto Rican crime, which is something that I don't think has been explored all that much.

Comment

• It was also fun to watch the exteriors and recognize places here in the Twin Cities. A lot of the house exteriors were shot over by where my brother used to live. He told me that he went out there and watched them film a few scenes, generally involving the snow plows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                Sexy Beast features the best british swearing this side of In the Loop.
                                Um, no... that would be '44 Inch Chest'.

Comment

Working...
                                X