Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Matt!

Something else about Batman Forever: Dr. Chase Meridian. There need to be more characters with names like that in movies.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I just enjoy liking shitty movies, it's freeing. But I'm not gonna lie, Batman Forever entertained the fuck outta Lesley and I last night. It's so ridiculous yet not BAD ridiculous like Batman and Robin was.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The thing I love most about Batman Forever/Batman & Robin is that they are such incredibly inept films that even the titles are wrong. It makes zero sense to name the film that introduces Robin "Batman Forever" while naming the 4th Batman film "Batman & Robin".
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• MIND BLOWN
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• God only knows what abortion we would have had on screen had Howard Stern been cast as The Scarecrow in the 5th Batman.

That is one world I do not want to visit.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• FUCK YOU I WANT TO GO TO THERE.

Comment

• Feel free to use SLIDERS technology, Rherb. But what you see cannot be unseen.

But all I need to know is if there was some kind of BABA BOOEY reference in the movie. Thus concludes all my knowledge of Stern.

Oh and did the Scarecrow invent a gas that made women take off their clothes and make out with each other?
                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-17-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  Oh and did the Scarecrow invent a gas that made women take off their clothes and make out with each other?
                  #1 grossing film of the decade.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Would have made him more interesting than what he did in Begins.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      #1 grossing film of the century.
                      Fixed

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Would have made him more interesting than what he did in Begins.....
                      Hey, he may not have been much of a villian. But seeing his perspective of how Batman looked was fucking great.

Plus I love of his delievery of "The Bat-Man".

Comment

• Been watching a bunch of movies this week, thanks to general laziness and some new discoveries on the internetz.

Tombs of the Blind Dead - pretty fuckin' creepy considering when it was made. De Ossorio's Blind Templars make their first appearance here, and as creatures go, they're pretty slick. Hybrids of vampires and zombies that carry swords and ride horses, all of 'em eyeless and quiet.

Storywise, it proceeds at a fairly good clip, despite a couple of slow bits and some lapses in logic. It picks up in the last half, however, as you watch the Templars swarm around their victims, as well as invade a train loaded with passengers. To hearken back to one of Iggy's threads, even kids aren't safe from the Templars. Definitely worth a view if you're into horror.

Splice - Not bad, but I was expecting more from this. The action really kicks in during the last act and even that's a bit rushed. Otherwise it kind of meanders a bit, and it becomes painfully obvious Sarah Polley's character has a screw loose. Plus, human/creature incest sex! One and done for this one.

Jackass 3D - what's to say? Like Rob, I laughed, I almost puked, and laughed some more. Don't know how much longer the crew can do these stunts (they're starting to look their ages, and healing up from some of these exploits must get harder and harder), but damn if I wasn't left waiting for more. Must see.

Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam - can't watch movies without throwing some cartoons into the mix. Solid homer from DC (kind of a quick rundown of Captain Marvel's origin, but with Superman thrown in), plus bonus flicks with Green Arrow and the Spectre (shot like a70's detective flick). More of these I watch, the more I think both DC and Marvel should eschew live action films and stick with the cartoons, or do the 'toons as CGI films, a la the trailer for DC Universe Online. Great writing, great animation (kind of anime in style), etc.

Symphony in Slang - another cartoon, this time by the legendary Tex Avery. Hate on Tex, and you hate on life.

Skyline - wow. Special effects wise, it looked pretty sharp, and delivered the goods on that front. Story-wise? Meh. Felt like we got half a movie, especially during the last act when the action finally picked up, but that ending; for fuck's sake, it starts to get interesting and could have gone in some great directions, but they end the fucking film with a couple of still pictures? I also wanted to clock the hero in the head a few times for being such a putz.

I caught this for free, and I still feel robbed.

More flicks a'coming!

Comment

• How'd ya like the Jonah Hex segment, Tim?

Comment

• Great, Ed - sorry I forgot to mention it. I've never been that much of a Hex fan comics-wise, but the cartoon has me considering digging up some old issues to read/download.

If DC could get some sort of continuity going with these films, like we had with the Animated Universe (Justice League Unlimited, etc.), they'd have a winner.

Comment

• I can't comment on the Brolin/Fox movie (which is supposedly unwatchable) but the comics were pretty damned good.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Splice wasn't that great. Watched it yesterday. Meh is the word for it, but I appreciate the effort.

Battle Los Angeles was so much better than Skyline.... and it's not that great of a movie.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X