Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Town was indeed fantastic. I don't hate Affleck as an actor, but he's a terrific director. It was a bit sad to see this so soon after Postlethwaite'S death.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Watched two very different movies yesterday:

'Once' - This was a great, sweet little movie. It essentially follows an Irish street musician who striked up a friendship with a Czech girl. There's solid romantic tension between them and it culminates in a bittersweet yet satisfying conclusion that rings true. The music is surprisingly good, especially when you consider that the actors wrote and sang their own songs. The wife unit LOVED this film

'Crazy People' - a comedy from 1990 starring Dudley Moore, Paul Reiser, J.T. Walsh, and Daryl Hannah (amongst others). Moore is an ad exec who snaps and decides to create 'truth in advertising' ads that get him committed to an asylum. When his ads become a media sensation, he enlists the people in his support group to help him right more ads. I remember seeing this in the theater back in college with a bunch of friends and laughing my ass off, especially at the ads that were created.

Examples:
      'Jaguar: for guys who want to get handjobs from beautiful women that they hardly know'
      'Metamucil: it helps you go to the toilet. If you don't take it you'll get cancer and die'.

It's not great but what works WORKS. Wanna see J.T. Walsh in prime ASSHOLE mode? THIS is your film. I'd even say that he overdoes it as Moore's boss, laying it on really thick in a few scenes.

Anyways, it was fun to watch this blast from the past, and the wife laughed at it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Finally got around to seeing The Fighter last night

Best use of White Snake ever, I was smiling during that scene.

Now to figure out what song Bale and Leo were singing in the car together.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

Examples:
          'Jaguar: for guys who want to get handjobs from beautiful women that they hardly know'
          'Metamucil: it helps you go to the toilet. If you don't take it you'll get cancer and die'.
          Volvo. They're boxy, but good!

Comment

• LOVED 'The Fighter'. Glad to see more and more people finally giving that film a go.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              Volvo. They're boxy, but good!
              Sony: Because Caucasions are just too damned tall.

Comment

• It's not often than an Oscar winning performance deserves its praise but goddamn Bale earned it. Loved the documentary feel of the whole movie and whlie I don't want to cast down judgment. This movie shows that white trash just doesn't exist in the south.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  It's not often than an Oscar winning performance deserves its praise but goddamn Bale earned it. Loved the documentary feel of the whole movie and whlie I don't want to cast down judgment. This movie shows that white trash just doesn't exist in the south.
                  I've got a feeling that, in a year or so, the consensus is going to be that 'The Fighter' should have won best picture for 2010. I'm not taking anything away from 'The King's Speech' (which I flat out loved), but 'The Fighter' really grabbed me. I honestly want to see it again MORE than I want to see 'The King's Speech' again.

Comment

• It really is an American story, and I was surprised how funny it was at times.

But you're right, had King's Speech not been around. It would have been Social Network/The Fighter.

Comment

• and I STILL don't get all of the accolades for 'The Social Network'. It was a very good film, but I thought that it fell far short of GREATNESS. Like all of Fincher's work, it was very cold and technical, and that kept me from getting really invested in it. I want to be a participant, not merely an observer.

Comment

• I loved it, but that's just me. I will say, it cracked me up seeing Ecklund's kid with an ear piercing at what must've been five or six years old.

That detail reminded me of the 50 Cent birthday cake in Big Fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          Glad to hear we agree so much on The Town. Just keep in mind with Red that it refuses to take itself serious so you shouldn't either and I think you'll enjoy it.
                          Me too, mate.

Re: RED - That sounds good to me, the guy who was just coming in to say he watched GI JOE: The Rise of Cobra once again this morning! My love for things that don't take themselves too seriously is almost as pronounced as my love for all things that put Rachel Nichols before me.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          'Once' - This was a great, sweet little movie. It essentially follows an Irish street musician who striked up a friendship with a Czech girl. There's solid romantic tension between them and it culminates in a bittersweet yet satisfying conclusion that rings true. The music is surprisingly good, especially when you consider that the actors wrote and sang their own songs. The wife unit LOVED this film
                          Once is a modern classic.

Local music fans (and converts the world over) are less surprised that the music's so good when they realize it's Glen "The Frames/The Commitments" Hansard rockin' out.
                          Last edited by Bobby Bear; 03-07-2011, 09:39 AM.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                            It's not often than an Oscar winning performance deserves its praise but goddamn Bale earned it. Loved the documentary feel of the whole movie and whlie I don't want to cast down judgment. This movie shows that white trash just doesn't exist in the south.
                            You know Ed, for someone who has lived next to so many places that were in movies you've led a sheltered life.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                              Once is a modern classic.

Local music fans (and converts the world over) are less surprised that the music's so good when they realize it's Glen "The Frames/The Commitments" Hansard rockin' out.
                              Just got an email from the wife...she wants me to buy this one.

HIGHLY recommended to everyone. My only complaint? I had to rewind in a few spots and turn on the subtitles...his Irish brogue is a bit too thick in some spots, especially in the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                his Irish brogue is a bit too thick in some spots, especially in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X