Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I enjoyed the scene at the UCB theater in NY when some guy in audience yells "TIGHTEN YOUR BELT, GEORGE!"
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Hardy was supremely likable for most of the doc, but I actually felt he came off pretty badly when he started laying in to the con attendees. Just because they don't share his dress-sense and taste in movies/entertainment doesn't mean it's ok for him to start slagging them off so viciously.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Well, I chalk that up to burn out and the fact the guy lives in what I figure is a convservative (as in taste) small southern town.

Plus, no one was giving him the time of day at the horror convention or the convention in England. Which shows that Troll 2 must be an American thing.

Comment

• But the doc shows how well the poorness of Troll 2 translates worldwide. There was the Scandinavian kid, for one. He seemed to watch it all the time.

Hardy had gotten a bit too big for his britches and the first time someone wasn't yucking it up with him, he became a bit of a hypocritical whinger. I get what you're saying about the conservative background thing, but what could be more wholesome than a "live and let live" attitude?
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Well, that was one guy in Austria. That doesn't translate as to why no one showed up at the Birmingham convention show.

Plus, him meeting up with bit players from the various Nightmare on Elm Street movies I think made him realize how kind of silly this whole instant fandom over something that happened 20 years ago was.

I even think it was that momement combined with meeting the woman who played the wife made him realize that being a dentist was the right thing to do.

Comment

• That's just one example, though. There were people from all over the place sending Hardy MySpace friend requests purely because they love Troll 2 and his performance in it. And coming to the likes of the Alamo Drafthouse event. The thing about the Birmingham convention is that it wasn't one of their regular screenings. They just showed up there, amidst all the genre hangers-on and fans, to plug the doc. But Troll 2 is a niche film after all, so not even everyone in your typical convention crowd will know a cult movie like that.

Loving a film like that is a bit like being in a secret society, something the film does a great job of conveying. It's not the kind of thing you can show up and just "sell" to most people, because it sounds like an absolute nightmare. You need to just see it to understand why it is what it is.

Comment

• Feel the rhythm, feel the ride. GIVE IT UP, IT'S BOBSLED TIME!

COOL RUNNING'S.

Who doesn't just love sitting down, tokin' up and watching a classic like that.
                I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

• I see pride.

I see power.

I see a badass mother who don't take no crap off NOBODY!
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YES!
                    I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

• Bdubbs has the best avatar at the moment.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• DURKA DURKA CHARLIE SHEEN JIHAD DURKA
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I need to make one of him throwing up.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• haha. That movie is great.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm SO RONRY, So RONRY and sadly ARONE....
                              I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

• Shit! I've got five terrorists going southeast on Bakalakadaka Street!

Comment

Working...
                                X