Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, thanks Rurrs.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's out there, but it should have enough beat 'em up in it to keep the kiddos innertaynd.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Cool, my kids will watch anything with a cape so long as there's a good bit of fighting.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Watched The Runaways on Friday and Black Swan last night. Both great, but man, Black Swan un-nerved me in such perfect fashion.
          "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
          - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
          http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
          http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Rock n Rolla

Entertaining and well made, like most of Richie's forays into that world. Elba and Butler make a good team, Toby Kebbell has swagger to spare and the supporting cast is to die for. Not sure how much the world needs (or will get) the promised sequel / especially now that so many of the cast would be a lot more expensive - but it's a totally enjoyable enough film as it stands.

Lord of War

Miscast Jared Leto and Bridget Moynahan aside, I think this is by far Niccol's best film as a director. Though he relies on VoiceOver too much, he pulls plenty of visual tricks to keep the film entertaining. The scenes between Cage and Hawke are the standouts, but extra credit has to go to whoever put that opening sequence together. An interesting and entertaining, if slightly flawed film.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Rock n Rolla

Entertaining and well made, like most of Richie's forays into that world. Elba and Butler make a good team, Toby Kebbell has swagger to spare and the supporting cast is to die for. Not sure how much the world needs (or will get) the promised sequel / especially now that so many of the cast would be a lot more expensive - but it's a totally enjoyable enough film as it stands.

Lord of War

Miscast Jared Leto and Bridget Moynahan aside, I think this is by far Niccol's best film as a director. Though he relies on VoiceOver too much, he pulls plenty of visual tricks to keep the film entertaining. The scenes between Cage and Hawke are the standouts, but extra credit has to go to whoever put that opening sequence together. An interesting and entertaining, if slightly flawed film.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Both these movies were surprisingly good, one despite Ritchie, and the other despite The Cage.

Bridget Moynahan is still hot though.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                  Rock n Rolla

Lord of War

I still need to see 'Rock N Rolla'.

Glad that you liked 'Lord of War'. Personally, I didn't have an issue with Jared Leto or Bridget Moynahan (who is INDEED hot but has something goofy going on with her mouth), but to each their own. Again, it's one of those movies that I had no desire to ever watch but then caught it one day and got sucked in. It's got great attitude and sense of humor to it that I find really appealing.

Watched 'the Fighter' yesterday. EXCELLENT, much better than I thought it would be. I take back every bad thing that I've ever said about Christian Bale (not much) and Amy Adams (a LOT): they both delivered the goods in ways that genuinely surprised me. I can now see why Bale and Leo are the frontrunners in their Oscar categories.

Other thoughts:
                  - the fights were very well done and believable feeling...much more so than in almost every other boxing movie that I've ever seen.
                  - the dialog was too low in the soundmix...AGAIN...meaning that I lost out on a lot of dialog in certain places. The bar scene/conversation between Wahlberg and Adams at the beginning? I got maybe a third of that. FUCK I hate it when you can't hear the dialog.
                  - I remember watching that 'Crack in America' documentary on HBO back in the 90s...it was INDEED scary to watch. When this film gets released on dvd/blu-ray, I hope that they include the documentary as a bonus feature.

GREAT film, one that everyone involved can be really proud of.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Heavy Metal - just had the urge, and it kept me entertained. The soundtrack was great (Cheap Trick, Nazareth, Trust, Stevie Nicks, pre-VH Sammy Hagar, etc.), voice performances were cool (John Candy, Eugene Levy, Don Francks, and Dean Wormer hisself, John Vernon up in here, up in here), and we got some Richard Corben's Den to enjoy.

Comment

• Watched "Daredevil" last night cause it was on and Lesley had never seen it before.

God I forgot how bad it was. I mean, Colin Farrel is fucking amazingly retarded as Bullseye, but everything is just off. Also, you know what can never possibly date a movie? BAD NU-METAL MUSIC FOR EVERY FUCKING CUE.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• John Vernon is that film's secret weapon. Whoever got him involved with that project deserves major kudos.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Lemmy. Fucking awesome. He's on meds for diabetes and high blood pressure so his illusion of invulnerability is shattered. Also he seems to have aged noticeably in the last 15 minutes or so. Great movie. Will be picking this up for the bonus features.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Lemmy features the best tag line since Shakes the Clown:

"51% Motherfucker, 49% sonofabitch"

And yes, that has been scientifcally verified.
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              John Vernon is that film's secret weapon. Whoever got him involved with that project deserves major kudos.
                              Same with Ernest Goes to Camp.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                Lemmy. Fucking awesome. He's on meds for diabetes and high blood pressure so his illusion of invulnerability is shattered. Also he seems to have aged noticeably in the last 15 minutes or so. Great movie. Will be picking this up for the bonus features.
                                DVR'ed this last night - will check it out this week.

Didn't know about his diabetes and high blood pressure. I am the sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X