Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    I tried to watch 44 Inch Chest and quickly became bored and woke up on the coach surrounded by empty St. Arnold's bottles and a turkey sandwich.

Comment

• Joanne Whalley is still bangin'. /av

It has some of the best dialogue since Winstone's last gangster flick with that other guy who shouted a lot and brought about the end of British imperialism in India. I think his name was Yahoo Serious.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dogtooth on instant view

This is a Wes Anderson film gone incredibly wrong. While I don't believe it deserves the amount of praise it gets. I willl agree that the acting really sells the nature of this incredibly fucked up family. While the incest is difficult to watch, the sporadic yet harsh violence is even worse.
        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 02-02-2011, 09:05 AM.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Enter the Void.

Some of the most incredible technical work I've ever seen married to a strange and tragic nonlinear drug odyssey.

The acting is no match for the visuals and can sometimes veer toward the amateur level, but since the storytelling is built more around the visuals and aural abstraction that is not really an issue.

I think Noé has taken drugs before.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• American - The Bill Hicks Story.

Solid, not amazing. The technique is very similar to The Kid Stays in the Picture and is often both entertaining and enlightening, but there's honestly not much insight that fans won't have garnered from American Scream and Love All the People. That said, the contributions of his family and some of the rare footage and the context it gives makes it worth a watch and I enjoyed it (after a doobie in Bill's honour).
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Sweet, Ben! Must check it out, as I'm a slave to all things Hicks.

Comment

• LOVE Bill Hicks. God, his bit on MC Hammer...
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• In some alternate universe there exists a Marc Maron podcast with Bill Hicks.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The best part about Bill Hicks was that he was legitimately PISSED OFF about what he was talking about. The rage AND the humor came through at the same time, and it was great to laugh and get worked up at the same time. You definitely had to be in the mood for his brand of humor, though.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• That's the most interesting point the doc makes - he found a way to express his bitterness when he discovered alcohol, but he found a way to stay lucid and biting when he went clean.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• 'Dinner for Schmucks"

Wow, what a giant waste of some funny people. The best part of the movie were the dioramas that Carrell's character made and Zach's dickie. Otherwise I mostly had a bored smirk on my face the whole time.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I need to see the original one.

Comment

• Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Kevin Spacey, John Cusack, Allison Eastwood, and The Lady Chablis his/herself! Great flick from Clint Eastwood, though it plays a bit fast and loose with the original book. Definitely worth a viewing if you're into mysteries, character studies, and courtroom dramas, as well as all things Savannah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - Kevin Spacey, John Cusack, Allison Eastwood, and The Lady Chablis his/herself! Great flick from Clint Eastwood, though it plays a bit fast and loose with the original book. Definitely worth a viewing if you're into mysteries, character studies, and courtroom dramas, as well as all things Savannah.

I like parts of it. Spacey creeps me out in that.
                              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I'll admit, there are spots in the film that drag a bit, but all-in-all it's a decent film, and I found myself sucked into it.

Agree with Spacey - I think the creepiness was more to do with his character being a bit slick with his actions (might've also been a carry-over feeling from his role in Seven a couple of years before). Plus, it seemed like he was gently putting the moves on Cusack's character, too. Still, Spacey did a great job as always, I thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X