Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I always had a soft spot for Vin Diesel. Mind you, I still haven't seen Babylon AD....
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Run Lola Run last night. God, I love it.

Two things I noticed while watching it: 1. You hear a roulette ball spinning as Lola is running through possible people to hit up for cash. 2. Everything takes place on May 23, 1998 as indicated in the ambulance.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• A classic.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• First foreign movie I ever watched. I still have the VHS of it.

Comment

• Sunshine

Still really good, and Chris Evans is excellent in it. Haven't watched it in forever, and totally forgot it had Mark Strong and Rose Byrnes. I would call this underrated, but I don't think enough people have even see it to upgrade it to underrated from completely ignored.

Comment

• SE7EN on blu. Yep, looks/sounds fucking amazing. Definitely a buy.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Sorcerer

Not since The Hurt Locker have I seen a movie that intense. Holy shit, when this gets a decent dvd release (Friedkin said he was going to start work on the Blu-Ray in March). You guys need to see this movie, asap.

Also, the title comes from the name of one of the trucks. Originally, Friedkin was going to call the movie "Ballbreaker" until the head of Universal asked if he was fucking nuts.

Comment

• Legend of the Guardians: Owl Bomb

Snyder is an interesting guy that takes chances and tries to impose his vision on films that don't match. But, he's trying to break out of career doldrums. I'll give him a break on that, but this film was destined to shit the bed out of the gate. How WB could not see that coming surprises me.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    Sorcerer

Not since The Hurt Locker have I seen a movie that intense. Holy shit, when this gets a decent dvd release (Friedkin said he was going to start work on the Blu-Ray in March). You guys need to see this movie, asap.

Also, the title comes from the name of one of the trucks. Originally, Friedkin was going to call the movie "Ballbreaker" until the head of Universal asked if he was fucking nuts.

I've been preaching the good word of Sorcerer for years. Right now, the only way to watch it is a first-Gen Pan and Scan DVD. That is if you can't find the Out of Print VHS.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I'm glad Friedkin said something. The fact this movie continues to have such a shit release and yet Crusing got a special edition.

The bridge sequence needs more recognition because holy shit is that riveting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        I'm glad Friedkin said something. The fact this movie continues to have such a shit release and yet Crusing got a special edition.

The bridge sequence needs more recognition because holy shit is that riveting.

I'm a big fan of the Tangerine Dream score. If I ever got to be Tarantino level, I'd whore out T. Dream like he does E. Morricone.

Comment

• You mean their score from Sorcerer? I fucking love "Love on a Real Train" from Risky Business.

Comment

• I just realized, had this movie been made today with the same characters. People would be having an epliptic fit over the fact one of the characters is an arab terrorist.

Comment

• I saw Black Swan yesterday. I didn't LOVE it, but it was incredibly well made, Portman was amazing, Cassel was the balls. But the more I think about it, the more it does a number on me. Pretty sure I still prefer The Wrestler though.

Just saw OSS117 - Cairo: Nest of Spies. Fucking loved it and have Lost in Rio coming in the next few days. I could happily watch one of these every year if they managed to sustain the level they did here. Barely a target missed. Sure, its broad, but it doesn't step over into crude and some of the simple visual gags - Hubert starting to twist more and more energetically after the mambo; Richard Sammel going to tear down the swastika and ripping it in half, with his heartfelt "Scheisse" - were the funniest for me. Witty and beautifully designed, this is how Austin Powers should have been done.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Christ, the "Bambino" scene kills me.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X