Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post

And guess what, both Clockwork AND Dead Man's Shoes are on instant view.
    Then you know what needs doing, son. Get on it.

Comment

• How about Ben Cohen? *swoon*

http://french-rugby-team.com/ben-coh...or-gay-player/
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        Then you know what needs doing, son. Get on it.
        You better believe it!

Originally posted by Howard View Post
        Not my kind of guy......
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• He is a perfect specimen of man.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yeah for you maybe.

I personally don't want to have my own reenactment of OZ.

Comment

• Dead Man's Shoes added.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Dead Man's Shoes is so fucking good. SO FUCKING GOOD.

Comment

• Ed, above all, A Clockwork Orange is probably Kubrick's second funniest film (after Dr Stangelove). I went to see it in the cinema when it was re-released (banned - or rather, 'withdrawn' - in England until after Kubrick's death) and had the entire cinema to myself. I was expecting something very different to what I got. And while it is indeed quite disturbing, the thing I remember most about that screening - apart from farting, like, a LOT - was laughing. It really surprised me.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Dead Man's Shoes is so fucking good. SO FUCKING GOOD.
                    100% in agreement. An incredible film and one which, after watching it for the first time at about 3 in the morning, shook me for days. Its cruel and brutal without being gory, darkly funny and incredibly well acted. Star making turns from Considine, Toby Kebell and Gary Strong.

Its constantly jostling for pole position as my favourite British film of the last decade, if not all time. This is England - also from Shane Meadows - is competing for the same spot.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The King's Speech.

No doubt that Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were exceptional. Michael Gambon's George IV had just the right dramatic heft to his presence, and Tim Spall's Churchill was a spot on recreation of the iconic furrowed brows and jowls (bordering on cartoon, but I prefer to think the man was in fact a cartoon). The rest of the cast was also quite good, especially John Bonham Carter.

Anglophiles will ruin their seats with the Englishness of it all.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I suppose I'll get around to seeing that movie at some point. Firth was fantastic in A Single Man and this movie has probably the greatest buzz of a movie involving british royalty since The Madness of King George.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          This is England
                          Turgoose was amazing.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Speaking of great British films, I can't mention enough how fucking great the original STATE OF PLAY is (Yeah, I know it's a tv mini-series but work with me here). It's a freakin who's who of british actors. You've got John Simm, David Morrisey, Bill Nighly, Phil "DCI Hunt" Glennister, James McAvoy. And it's a great look into the workings of british newspapers.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                              Turgoose was amazing.
                              Indeed. The rest of the film, however, was merely good. Though, it certainly seemed to think it was amazing.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I love this is England.

Watched The Town last night. Ben Affleck is awesome directing wise and he's not half bad acting in this one. Well done by all involved, I seriously loved the shit out of this one. Certainly in my top 10, probably the lower half of it but still top 10. (I haven't seen everything either so there's that.)

Also watched Easy A with the wife. We both laughed a great deal as this one is pretty damn funny. Not in my top 10 but I don't feel shitty for having watched it.

Plus Emma...................

YES!
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X