Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    I've heard reference made to it, but I have yet to look into the abyss.

ETA: Found it. Thoughts forthcoming.
    You'll need a shower.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Other Guys.

Great movie. Ferrel finally funny again (since Anchorman), Walhberg delivered, but I'd have taken a whole flick with The Rock and Samuel L. Jackson.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• That would be glorious. I fucking loved that flick. Wahlberg haters be damned.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Also, that review is great.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
            I've heard reference made to it, but I have yet to look into the abyss.

ETA: Found it. Thoughts forthcoming.
            Harold has problems, but goddamn that was great.

While the meat of the disturbing sandwich was indeed too much, it was this line

There is sadness amongst the orgasms in this film.
            which sold me on the execution of this creepy fucking love letter.

I'm still howling at that one.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• *brofist*

Comment

• 'I Love You, Man'

Still fucking love this movie. It doesn't get enough love. That makes me sad.

SLAPPIN' DA BASS MON!

Comment

• I've just seen the Rush scenes from the film, that's it. Looked good.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It's a fun flick.

The Box

Cool concept, but it really falls apart. Oddly enough, even Diaz was good in this. Marsden was good, as always.

Comment

• I wish this was the ending to The Box:

Comment

• The Box is dreadful. Yeah, it is a good concept and Kelly fucking ruins it. Diaz and Marsden are fine, but at this point its gonna take something brilliant to convince me Richard Kelly hasn't gone full M Night.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Was he ever good?

I can't make it through Darko now without wanting to throttle someone.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still think the theatrical cut of Donnie Darko is great. He can't ruin that (though he tried with the Director's cut) in the same way that I still think The Sixth Sense is great and I still love Unbreakable and even Signs.
                            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              I've just seen the Rush scenes from the film, that's it. Looked good.
                              They're my favourite parts in the whole movie. Rudd and Segel are both great usually and their residual quality leads to some good laughs, but it's such a disappointing movie overall. Still have an irrational urge to give it a second go, though.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The Green Hornet

Its a blast. Sure, Waltz coulda had more to do and was that Eddie Furlong? There's clearly a longer cut out there, but that's fine, its long enough as it is and does everything it needs to do. Diaz looks nice, Jay Chou is freakin' awesome and some of the action is excellent. If you're one of the fools that is a part of the Rogen backlash, then avoid at all costs, cos its easily his least adventurous outing for some time, but if you enjoy what he does, then you'll enjoy this.

Contrary to the writers that say Gondry sold out with this, his fingerprints are all over it and its clearly an opportunity for him to unleash with a bit of money behind him. Compared to his indie fare, its still fairly restrained, but at least he manages to find a way to keep an origin story interesting with some visuals and action sequences that we haven't seen before. Go in expecting a bit of fun and fun ye shall have, sirs.

And the 3D is pretty good too. Post-conversion or not, the bits where the 3D really popped were easily as good as anything in Tron. Also, there was a 3D trailer for Thor in front of the film and that looked excellent, proving that post conversion can work if you put the time and money into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X