Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Godfather II". Because, why not?
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Watched the first two episodes of Doctor Who: Series 5

Matt Smith really nails the role, I can see why they went with this guy.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Not a movie Ed.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Made it through 30 mins of 'Surrogates'. Wow. Just bad. SO BAD.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watched Open Range again. I love this movie. The romance between Charlie and Sue gets to me. And Robert Duvall- he makes everything more gooder.

Comment

• Caught some of Young Frankenstein this morning before work - firm agreement with Jake in this post that Terri Garr was so smashable in that film. Love, love, love this movie - everyone's firing on all cylinders and I never get tired of watching it. Definitely one of, if not the best, of Brooks' films and it amazes me that his more recent films just don't have the same comedic fire to 'em. They're OK, but it's just something's been lost, be it the absence of Wilder, Feldman, or that the earlier films were more reflective of the humor of the times - I just don't know.

ETA: Forgot to mention, I watched Clash of the Titans Saturday night - it won't replace the original Harryhausen version, but it wasn't too bad, all things considered. The monsters were pretty cool, some of the fight scenes were executed well, but some of the characters could've been jettisoned for all the good they did. Still, any excuse to check out the hotness that is Gemma Arterton...
              Last edited by Timothy225; 01-10-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                Watched Open Range again. I love this movie. The romance between Charlie and Sue gets to me. And Robert Duvall- he makes everything more gooder.
                This. EVERY BIT OF THIS!!! Especially the Duvall love. Also Kim Coates AKA Tig from Sons of Anarchy is the gun hand that Costner owns at the end.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  This. EVERY BIT OF THIS!!! Especially the Duvall love. Also Kim Coates AKA Tig from Sons of Anarchy is the gun hand that Costner owns at the end.
                  I love the scene where Costner gets him. Because its not how I expect it to happen.

Now I am going to go rewatch the last hour of it. I am a lot like Sue. I love how Charlie cares for her- and the words she speaks to him.

Comment

• The whole ending of that movie is greatness. Crazy shootout NOT like your typical western shootout. And Charlie asking Sue "how's this supposed to work if you don't do what I say?" And he's not asking it because he's a dick but because you can tell he hasn't done much in the loving dept.

And the cinematography? GREATNESS.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      I watched Clash of the Titans Saturday night - it won't replace the original Harryhausen version, but it wasn't too bad, all things considered. The monsters were pretty cool, some of the fight scenes were executed well, but some of the characters could've been jettisoned for all the good they did. Still, any excuse to check out the hotness that is Gemma Arterton...
                      I caught this on the Sunday repeat. For all it did right, e.g., the monsters, the almost Boormanesque appearance of the Olympians (Neeson looked he was ready to get drunk at the Camelot banquet again), and the incorporation of some truly odd characters (The Djinn? Man alive...), it was all cluttered and in some cases wasted in favor of Bay-ing the adaptation up.

The most obvious example would be the underrepresentation of the gods.

It is a fucking crime to see Alexander Siddig speak one line and then never be heard from again. The same goes for the diminished presence of Neeson and Fiennes. Hades' entrance and subsequent party-pooping at Argos was a real treat, and showcased just how fucked up Ralph and his crusty dome were. I wanted more of these characters.

And what did we get instead? Crazy cult guy and his crusty arm. TOO MANY CRUSTS. GTFO CRUSTY ARM.

Bubo was treated like shit. I felt bad for that owl.

And last, but certainly not least, was Io. Gemma Arterton was distractingly gorgeous. I sort of noticed they were being attacked by giant scorpions, but all that shit went out the window when she showed up to help. No way she is real. Great Zeus' beard. But like that creepy guy at the strip club (we all are...we all are), I couldn't stop staring.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-10-2011, 12:20 PM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've had a thing for Arterton since Quantum of Solace. I... would do yardwork for that woman. Lawn mowing, tree trimming, hell, everything the Condo Association does now.

Anywho, YES to the Boorman aside - that's what klicked on who Neeson and the god posse reminded me of. Agree also on the criminal underuse of Siddig and the other gods and goddesses. Same with Elizabeth McGovern as Perseus' adopted mom - only a line or two and that's it? Shame. Damn shame. She deserved much better.

Comment

• EASY A - OK, this is really entertaining. Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson are great as the parents. Actually, all of the adults are great. Well, except for that one character near the end. Emma Stone carries the movie exceptionally well. This movie should be People's Exhibit A in why she should headline more movies. And it probably goes without saying that she's hooooooot. The costume during the musical number is what it's like when worlds collide.

Comment

• '127 Hours'. Excellent, much more engrossing than I thought it would be. The SCENE is hard to watch but done right. If it weren't for Colin Firth, Franco would win the Oscar this year. Recommended.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I made my boys watch the movie pilot of KnightRider last night. At first they heard the music and said "how old is this show" but then they got into watching Kitt. I had totally forgotten Michael Long got his face blown off and then became "The Hasselhoff".

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                                I made my boys watch the movie pilot of KnightRider last night. At first they heard the music and said "how cool is this show" but then they got into watching Kitt. I had totally forgotten Michael Long got his face blown off and then became "The Hasselhoff".
                                Now we're talking.
                                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 01-11-2011, 09:17 AM.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X