Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Grown Ups last night. The movie started off great, although I thought it was a bit too PG overall. I know Sandler is trying to change his image to be more appropriate for kids. But I miss the good old Billy, Happy or Nikky side of him.

Good but not Great...
    I LOVE BEER !!!

Comment

• I don't think I could even make it through that flick. I pretty much hate everyone involved.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        Yesterday: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Too long, even at 70 odd minutes. I still like the design, some of the voice acting, and the Oogie Boogie stuff, though.

Later yesterday: Shogun Assassin

YES!!!

I got the gorgeous new limited edition Blu/DVD dual edition steel tin. Never saw it before, but was meaning to for some time. Totally taken aback by how great it was. The gore. The amazing score. The ability to see its influence on the Tenchu game series, as if by some form of magical time travel... so much glory.
        Agree to an extent re: Nightmare... it's a cool flick, but like a lot of Burton's stuff, it's a one and done. I've seen it a couple of times, though, and pretty much have it out of my system. Still, nice piece of animation, the songs are standard Elfman, and it does have a couple of good moments.

Ah, but it pales in comparison to Shogun Assassin, a compilation of the first two Lone Wolf and Cub films (and if you haven't read the original mangas, get thee to a book/comic shop NAO!). Really sweet piece of work, that! I'd humbly suggest throwing in some Zatoichi films, too. Not quite as gory, but good for the samurai inside you.

Originally posted by Bdubbs2010 View Post
        Watched Grown Ups last night. The movie started off great, although I thought it was a bit too PG overall. I know Sandler is trying to change his image to be more appropriate for kids. But I miss the good old Billy, Happy or Nikky side of him.

Good but not Great...
        Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I don't think I could even make it through that flick. I pretty much hate everyone involved.
        Yeah, I saw the trailer for this in the theatres, and had to take a pass on it. No desire to see it, even with Spade, Rock, James, Schneider, and Sandler in it. I'd rather watch all of 'em doing their stand up stuff, to be honest.

Comment

• Before vacation a co-worker was gushing about Grown Ups and how it was a "thinking man's comedy" and I told her if that was the case it was the stupidest fucking man ever watching it.

Comment

• Huh, now when I think about it. I don't think David Spade has ever been funny.

His Hollywood segment sucked.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Spartacus: Blood and Sand

This show suffers from too many closeups and too much 300-ism. My disinterest in ancient history remains.

This was a hit and not Party Down? *shakes head*
              Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-28-2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• How many tits, merkins, and slo-mo decapitations did Party Down have?

The Prosecution rests.

Comment

• All said things can be found on Skinimax and rotten.com

Comedy and Adam Scott aren't.

Thank you very much.

Comment

• No comedy on Rotten? WRONG.

Comment

• Not comedy that's going to scar you for life anyway.

Unless Steve Guttenberg offends your sensibilities.

Comment

• rotten.com is still around? Huh.

Comment

• I'm not going to look it up to find out.

Comment

• Just as gross as ever! Someone did a pretty bad make-up job on Uday and Qusay.

Comment

• Anyone who posts pics from that site is a dead man.

Comment

• LOL @ INNERNET TOUGH GUYS

Watched Beetlejuice again for the billionth time. It remains the best Burton movie in my mind, and Keaton keeps getting funnier every single time I see him in this role.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X