Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to hear, Cass - that's another one on our list for us to see.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Blue Velvet

It's amazing the difference a few years can make to your perception of a film like this. What once seemed so nebulous and beguiling now feels a lot plainer. That's not meant as a put-down; I still really like it. It's just, Lynch's touch is a lot heavier than it used to be.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Star Trek IV on blu. Man. Make up/wigs look rrrrrrrrrrrrrreally bad. Forgot how many recycled TNG sets there were in this. Recycled FX too. Still had cool moments. Too much nudge-nudge cornball humor though.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• You're talking about Undiscovered Country, right? Not Voyage Home?
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Shit! VI. Bad form.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• What I enjoyed about VI was that Nick Meyer explicitly said this was a "Downfall of the Soviet Union story".

Meyer really should have gotten more work directing.

Comment

• 'True Grit' (2010). I liked it but didn't love it. I'm still processing WHY.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                  What I enjoyed about VI was that Nick Meyer explicitly said this was a "Downfall of the Soviet Union story".

Meyer really should have gotten more work directing.

Meyer was a director who liked to butt heads, but he never helmed any BIG films.

Lack of box office push resulted in him getting pushed to the curb.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Ehhh, he still does screenwritting and rewrites to this very day.

So he's not starving or anything.

Comment

Ehhh, he still does screenwritting and rewrites to this very day.

So he's not starving or anything.

Yeah, he's still a writer. But, he's not directing.

The guy has a really fucked up history with projects and I side with the guy. He strives hard to create a better film and people shit on him for it.

Presnell and Paramount fought him over Khan and Undiscovered Country the entire time.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The Wicker Man remake

That was a bad idea.

Comment

• A Film With Me In It.

A sometime actor in Ireland becomes afflicted by The Draids in the worst way, and Dylan Moran is the one to answer the call to help (and hinder) the situation. And to think, it all started with that damned clarinet.

Dark hearted humor and farce shape the film into something uniquely meta-textual in regards to the difficulty of film and filmmaking. And even if that is too esoteric for some, the film is engaging enough on a fundamental level.

It has been a while since I have laughed so hard at someone else's misfortunes.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-24-2010, 09:56 AM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dylan Moran is an Irish treasure on par with Roy Keane and Andrea "The Hottest Corr" Corr.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

The Wicker Man remake

That was a bad idea.
                              I bet you laughed your ass off.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Only at the scenes of extreme randomness. The rest of it was a massive WTF

Ellen Burstyn is much much MUCH better than this.

Comment

Working...
                                X