Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, I still don't see the appeal of the HP flicks. I'm three in and I'm not chomping at the bit for more yet.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The films start getting darker and darker from this point on, visually as well as thematically. Just curious, have you read any or all of the books?

Worst case scenario, to you it's probably like the Twilight books/films to me. I made the attempt, couldn't get past the first book or film (fuck, couldn't even FINISH either one), as I'm really not the intended audience for that stuff.

Watched the recent remake of Count of Monte Cristo with Jim Cavaziel and Luis Guzman. Don't know what it is about that flick, but it keeps sucking me in. Book's much more gooder, though.
      Last edited by Timothy225; 12-06-2010, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Nope. And I don't plan on it after watching these so far. If they get better I may, but I have so much other stuff to read.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The yearly viewing of 'the Ref' took place last evening. I had a big old grin on my face for the entire running time, but we may have to give it a rest next year...we're dangerously close to killing it, and I'd hate to have that happen.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
            She's going to kill me for this, isn't she?
            Yes, yes I am.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
            Yeah, Vin, I believe she is.

Funny shot you took, and that's one of the things I'll miss most about you, after Lisa brings the thunder.
            Yes, yes we will. We'll miss you terribly. But we'll be sure to put "NEVER MAKE FUN OF THE IMAGINARY HUSBAND" on your tombstone.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Eh, I still don't see the appeal of the HP flicks. I'm three in and I'm not chomping at the bit for more yet.
            Hmmm... they just may not be your cup of tea, Rob. Although Tim's right - if you like a darker turn, 3 through 6 are the ones to see (still haven't seen 7.1 yet - I think we're going to try and hit that and "Black Swan" while George has time off for the holidays), and 7 of course.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Yeah, Vin, I believe she is.

Funny shot you took, and that's one of the things I'll miss most about you, after Lisa brings the thunder.
              "If they ever tell my story, let them say that I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat... but these names will never die. Let them say I lived in the time of Rerb, tamer of pandas. Let them say I lived in the time of Tim."

Comment

• Watched Heat on the bigscreen last night at the New Bev.

God, I love it.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• "I ever tell you about Vin? Guy was great - shared recipes, was an expert on cooking, drinking, etc. Oh, and he used to regale us with stories from when he was in the army. He was a Ranger and a Green Beret, can you beat that? Was all over the world, fought for his country, knew all about all sorts of weaponry, self-defense, etc.

Of course, none of that shit helped him when he made that Oldman joke back in December of, oh, must've been 2010, I believe. Yeah, never will forget that last post of his: "SHE'S HERE! OMFG, IT WAS JUST A JOKE!!! LISA, I rhfk,esrhiul...." and we never heard from him again. Police reports said the poor slob was torn to shreds, like he was wrapped in bacon and fed to a pack of rabid wolverines. Shocked us all as we always assumed Lisa was "cruelty-free". What she did to Vin certainly wasn't, let me tell ya.

Anyway, that's when Rob established the Oldman Rule: no one, and I mean NO ONE is allowed to say or post anything about Gary Oldman unless it's the most glowing of terms. You remember that, kid, and you'll do fine on the boards. Also, word of advice? Don't rip on Duran Duran either. 'Cause she's still out there."

Comment

• LOST IN SPACE.

Comment

• Again...we are all merely guests on Tim's internet.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'd have to agree with that one.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• THIS is why I brought him here, folks! For Tim is Teh Awesomze!

(And the bit about "cruelty-free" KILLED me!)
                          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                            Sorry about Sorority Row, Bobby. Yeah, it was merely OK, but I thought it had a couple of halfway decent kills, so I gave it a pass.
                            Cheers, but there's no apology necessary my good man. It was worth it for Willis' hotness alone. And there absolutely were some good horror movie moments, as you say. Carrie Fisher goin' all commando near the end, for one.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                              Cheers, but there's no apology necessary my good man. It was worth it for Willis' hotness alone. And there absolutely were some good horror movie moments, as you say (Carrie Fisher goin' all commando near the end for one.)
                              Bobby means she starts kicking ass, not that she drops her knickers, folks! As she's no longer in Princess Leia Slave Girl Bikini shape, felt I had to throw that one in to save some poor wretch.

Comment

• Excellent catch, sir! That was totally unintentional. Or the memory of how great she looked in that bikini is so emblazoned on my mind, references to it have become subconscious. Probably the latter.
                                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X