Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Gotta love the scene where she bites off his pineal gland.
    That, and every eye-munching scene, are glorious endorsements of 80's practical effects.

Originally posted by V View Post
    You are dead to me...
    I was way more into Crampton in her "Girl Wonder" doctor outfit. I'm not sure how that's going help my case here, but I felt compelled to point it out nonetheless.
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• RE: Ed

Hey, Bobby and Ben probably feel that the reverse is true.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Well let's see,

Hey guys how do you feel about american shows? Do you feel that everything looks the same in American tv?

I mean that can apply to crappy sitcoms and such. Or when its shot in Hollywood-north aka Canada.

I'll never forget trying to watch Huff and trying to figure out just where in the hell they were in LA. Only to find out the entire thing was shot in Vancouver.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          RE: Ed

Hey, Bobby and Ben probably feel that the reverse is true.
          Ed's got a point, but there are times when the same can also be said of U.S. set crime shows and whatnot. At least, I know I've found that on occasion. If you're not seeing cut-away shots of landmarks, it's not always that apparent exactly "where we are."

Although, misc English cities don't exactly look identical to towns and cities here. But that's a whole 'nother, newsboy cap wearing matter.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• It depends on whether or not the show wants to use its location as a character in the show.

Otherwise, it's all soundstages and Canada.

I'll even give it up for Law & Order: LA for doing a good job so far showing the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              It depends on whether or not the show wants to use its location as a character in the show.

I'll even give it up for Law & Order: LA for doing a good job so far showing the city.
              No... you're all soundstages and Canada, you Canadian soundstage!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                It depends on whether or not the show wants to use its location as a character in the show.

That's a great point. I wasn't criticizing; it just might be more similar on either side of the pond than some people realize is all.

Comment

• I didn't think that at all.

This once again hilights my lack of insight into what goes on with our UK neighbors. Something I was planning on rectifying, until the great cosmic fuck-over occured .

Comment

• The Room.
                    Always good for a laugh.

Sorority Row.
                    Were it not for Rumer Willis, I don't think I would've started watching this film in the first place, let alone finished it. The From Beyond commentary track alone was better than it!

E.T.A Tim, yes I did watch the latter based on your earlier Willis endorsement.

Comment

• Harry Potter 3: Not too shabby. Oldman definitely brought it up a notch, but there needed to be more of him. I really hope the formula changes though....NEW TEACHER = NEW BAD GUY is getting old. It looked nice though.

Busty Cops 2: Way better than the first one but they overdid it with the voice overs. As much as they thought I needed to know their motivations, all I needed was boobs.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Harry Potter 3: Not too shabby. Oldman definitely brought it up a notch, but there needed to be more of him. I really hope the formula changes though....NEW TEACHER = NEW BAD GUY is getting old. It looked nice though.
                        While I agree with you entirely about my Imaginary Husband (Oldman), and I do agree that the whole new "Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher is The Bad Guy" is played out, I think the third movie slightly broke the mold. Lupin wasn't a bad guy at all - he was a very kind person, a great friend to Harry's parents, and a teacher who automatically looked out for Harry as soon as they met. He was a good guy who was simply in a bad situation - namely, that he was a werewolf who couldn't control himself during a full moon without his potion. I see your point, in that "werewolf who almost ate the kids = bad", but the actual person of Lupin is a very good guy.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          my Imaginary Husband (Oldman)
                          As if we needed Oldman pointed out to us, Lisa.

Comment

• Sorry about Sorority Row, Bobby. Yeah, it was merely OK, but I thought it had a couple of halfway decent kills, so I gave it a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              While I agree with you entirely about my Imaginary Husband (Oldman), and I do agree that the whole new "Defense Against The Dark Arts Teacher is The Bad Guy" is played out, I think the third movie slightly broke the mold. Lupin wasn't a bad guy at all - he was a very kind person, a great friend to Harry's parents, and a teacher who automatically looked out for Harry as soon as they met. He was a good guy who was simply in a bad situation - namely, that he was a werewolf who couldn't control himself during a full moon without his potion. I see your point, in that "werewolf who almost ate the kids = bad", but the actual person of Lupin is a very good guy.

He's shorter than I imagined him to be...

Go figure.

EDIT:

She's going to kill me for this, isn't she?
                              Last edited by V; 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, Vin, I believe she is.

Funny shot you took, and that's one of the things I'll miss most about you, after Lisa brings the thunder.

Comment

Working...
                                X