Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll be disappointed.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• YOU'LL BE DISAPPOINTED!

Comment

• I'm going to confide in you guys. Don't hurt me.

I've never seen 2001: A Space Odyssey. I KNOW. STOP YELLING. Amazon has the BD for $9. Just ordered it, and will correct this post haste. STOP HITTING ME WITH YOUR MONOLITH.

Comment

• You are dead to me...

Comment

• 'Edge of Darkness'. We liked it. It could use some tightening up in places, and Ray Winstone should be fucking slapped for mumbling his lines (I could only make out about 2/3 of what he said), but it's a solid thriller. I was pleased to see Mel in PISSED OFF mode again; he does it better than anyone else.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If you liked the film version of EDGE OF DARKNESS, you might like the original tv version done by the same director.

I tried watching it myself and I couldn't get into it. So far the only british shows I've really enjoyed outside of Doctor Who have been State of Play and Cracker.

And 3 out of the four series of A Bit of Fry and Laurie.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Try 'Prime Suspect', Ed. Good stuff.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I have, (the third series was especially gritty) but it didn't get me completely going.

I think part of the issue I have with British crime shows and novels is that I have no idea where the hell anything is and the creators don't really explain anything. Plus, everything looks like circa '90 videotape due to the television standards of the day.

Cracker avoids this by having such a strong boistrous character that you can follow easily.

I wish these shows had captioning because it's really difficult to hear some of the actors due to the sound quality.
                  Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-03-2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• I will agree with you that the sound quality issue, especially when they speak fast AND mumble, can be frustrating.

Comment

• From Beyond last night. YES; need I say more?

I Love You, Beth Cooper this morning. Not as bad as I'd heard. Any movie with Alan Ruck saying "shindizzle" stands a chance with me. Also, the fella playing the best friend character really reminded me of Jay Baruchel (a good thing.)
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                        From Beyond last night. YES; need I say more?
                        SOMETHING'S....COMING!!!!!!!!

Also, I've come to the conclusion that it's physically impossible to film Barbara Crampton in such a way as to make her look ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          SOMETHING'S....COMING!!!!!!!!
                          "It ate him. Bit off his head... like a GINGER-BREAD MAAAAN!"

Oh, man. Pretorious' "I would've enjoyed you in another way" is seriously creepy/disgusting. I love that movie unreservedly, though.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that it's physically impossible to film Barbara Crampton in such a way as to make her look ugly.
                          I'd have to go along with that. I'm not even remotely into the whole dominatrix thing, but she even looked good during that sequence.
                          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Gotta love the scene where she bites off his pineal gland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                              I'm not even remotely into the whole dominatrix thing, but she even looked good during that sequence.
                              You are dead to me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                I will agree with you that the sound quality issue, especially when they speak fast AND mumble, can be frustrating.
                                I think the other issue is that a lot of England looks the same. The cities don't have distinct identies like the cities over here in the states.

Basically, why should I be interested in a crime show set in Liverpool versus Newcastle? When compared to say a crime show set in Seattle versus Baltimore.

At least to this casual viewer.
                                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 12-03-2010, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X