Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
    Man, everyone's been bringing the thunder rep-wise today!

What Mike said, Bobby! Your avatar and post =

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      +5 points for Post/Avatar combo!
      Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      What Mike said, Bobby!
      Thanks very much, gents!

Originally posted by V View Post
      BOBBY!

Stop it, you'll compromise me!

I'm so very close... to, er... discovering her intent! She only needs to slap me around for a few more hours, that's all!
      I'm not normally one for disobeying a superior officer, but I don't want you to get Xenia Onatopp'd! No matter how tempting that might appear.

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
      Not my little cyber-brother! NOT MY LITTLE CYBER-BROTHER!!! I'll never get the stains out of him! Ever try bleaching an Irish guy? Now he's gonna be even paler!
      I'd probably transcend paleness after that and go straight to starring in the next direct-to-video Hollow Man opus.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        I'm not normally one for disobeying a superior officer, but I don't want you to get Xenia Onatopp'd! No matter how tempting that might appear.
        There are far worse ways to die, my brother...

Thanks... now I'm having erotic thoughts about Famke Janssen.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
          There are far worse ways to die, my brother...
          You're compromising my proposed rescue!

Thanks... now I'm having erotic thoughts about Famke Janssen.
          In Rounders, her casual sultriness caught our attention.

In X-Men: The Last Stand, her flowing red locks only increased our affections.

When she breaks out the accent in true Goldeneye fashion, it's...

DEEP RISING!
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The Road.

Caught this last night, and it was just as bleak as I had imagined it would be.

The production design, the photography, and the costuming all achieved the pitch perfect aesthetic of a world at its end. Absolutely stellar.

McPhee was very good as The Boy, but "Like the buzzing of flies to him" Mortensen was incredible as The Man. He gave it his all with this one. Every line in his face was etched with the worry of a parent, just relentlessly fighting tooth and nail to keep that one last bit of light in the world.

The character actor round-robin was exceptional as well. From Dillahunt's backwoods monster, to Duvall, to Omar and on down to Mrs. Garret and Ed Exley, they were uniformly great.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-29-2010, 04:39 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The novel was an exercise in imagery and poetic prose. There was no real way to translate that into a movie, not without losing everything that made the book art. Viggo's performance was stellar, it's true, but the movie has no real climax or even a build-up. Just these random disturbing moments, then Viggo dies. JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!!!
              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Glad I was going to watch that tonight and you ruined the ending for me. *nobrofist*
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post

The Road.

Caught this last night, and it was just as bleak as I had imagined it would be.

The production design, the photography, and the costuming all achieved the pitch perfect aesthetic of a world at its end. Absolutely stellar.

McPhee was very good as The Boy, but "Like the buzzing of flies to him" Mortensen was incredible as The Man. He gave it his all with this one. Every line in his face was etched with the worry of a parent, just relentlessly fighting tooth and nail to keep that one last bit of light in the world.

The character actor round-robin was exceptional as well. From Dillahunt's backwoods monster, to Duvall, to Omar and on down to Mrs. Garret and Ed Exley, they were uniformly great.
                  What I like about this is you write such a well written yet simple critique and then down at the bottom I read "I once farted on the set of Blue Lagoon"

BTW I did watch Departures. I enjoyed it- its slow but the cello music is beautiful and the way in which they prepare the dead is capitivating and beautiful to watch. Did you watch it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                    What I like about this is you write such a well written yet simple critique and then down at the bottom I read "I once farted on the set of Blue Lagoon"
                    This sums my persona up quite nicely.

BTW I did watch Departures. I enjoyed it- its slow but the cello music is beautiful and the way in which they prepare the dead is captivating and beautiful to watch. Did you watch it yet?
                    Damn it, no. It's still on my queueueueueue, waiting to be viewed.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ovaltine Jenkins View Post
                      Glad I was going to watch that tonight and you ruined the ending for me. *nobrofist*
                      Someone shit inside of Mike's heart today.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ovaltine Jenkins View Post
                        Glad I was going to watch that tonight and you ruined the ending for me. *nobrofist*
                        Ok, so what is the moratorium for time passed after a movie has been released where things aren't classified as spoilers? The Road novel was released about what, 4 years ago? *comeonbrahyouneedtochillfist*
                        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Spoiler tag. Always.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Paid tribute to Irv Kirschner last night by watching Robocop 2. While his direction was fine, the problems reside with the script, I know Frank Miller says the studio fucked with the script. Even then, there are huge problems with the script and all the great satire of the first one is taken and dialed way to high up to be enjoyable and it becomes really really cartoonish.

Plus, what the hell was Miller's obsession with kids being foul mouthed criminal masterminds?
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The kid that is in the catcher's outfit was a good friend of mine in junior high school. I love pointing out the horrible decayed downtown Houston in Robocop 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                The kid that is in the catcher's outfit was a good friend of mine in junior high school. I love pointing out the horrible decayed downtown Houston in Robocop 2.

Gabriel Damon?

Comment

Working...
                                X