Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite all of my nerdom, I never could follow Dune.

What's that? Spice? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The sleeper MUST awaken, Ed! That's just the way it is.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Zzzzzzzzzz.......Huh what?

Comment

• But it has The Dourif, excellently 80's miniatures, and a hot Sean Young in it. What more does an audience need?
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• It's not a very approachable movie. Plus, I'm not a fan of what could be considered "HARD SCI-FI". The world of Blade Runner appeals to me, the world of Dune is too overwhelming to follow imo.

Comment

• 'Kung Fu Panda' and 'Notting Hill'. Both were much, much better than I remember them being.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Kung Fu Panda's one of my favourites. Still think its the best American kung fu movie yet produced.

Absolutely does not need a sequel though. Kaboom of Doom indeed.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• NOTTING HILL is probably my favorite "chick flick". I think it's entertaining without being too pandering.

I finally watched GI JOE: A REAL NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION HERO. Maybe it was because I expected the worst but I actually liked this. The story was ridiculous but the action scenes were entertaining. And they stacked the deck by making the only three women in the movie all really hot.

Comment

• About time you saw GI Joe.

Also, saw Kung Fu Panda for the first time today. I rather liked it. At times, I couldn't even tell it was Jack Black as the lead voice. That probably helped.
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      'Kung Fu Panda' and 'Notting Hill'. Both were much, much better than I remember them being.
                      Panda has the fantastic art direction.

It is fucking great in that regard alone.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• My wife is watching PRETTY WOMAN for the first time right now. This movie is...ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          My wife is watching PRETTY WOMAN for the first time right now. This movie is...uhhh... great!
                          fixed

"fifty bucks, Grandpa. For seventy-five the wife can watch."

Comment

• SIMON SAYS- Hahahaha, holy shit this movie is ridiculous. PICK-AXE CHUCKER. Crispin Glover totally channeled his inner Nicolas Cage for this movie. And now I'm wondering if Blake Lively had a nose job.

Comment

• He was also channeling a little bit of Chris Elliot.

TAKE MAH STRONG HAN' CHILD!
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Religulous. Very entertaining and, dare I say, informative. My problems with it are mainly that there's no great thesis at work so Maher just has a bit of a rant at the end. It could have been more elegant in that regard. And he has a habit of talking over people, which irked me.

That said, it has value beyond just preaching to the choir by pushing the idea that the anti-religious should not be afraid to voice their beliefs in the presence of people who voice their religious beliefs so vehemently. As someone who often shoes away from speaking their mind so as not to offend, that spoke to me and is extremely valid and important when discussing freedom of speech.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X