Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    True,
    But I always heard that Metallica used to never allowed the use of their music in movies.
    Of course... because it's much more cooler and emotionally satisfying to hear your songs used as an entry theme for professional wrestlers.

Comment

• I'm of the same opinion as everyone here: Zombieland was good, but not at the level of hype that everyone was giving it. I enjoyed it for what it was, and the amusement park scene wasn't bad, just seemed a bit tacked on plotwise - the ending just felt... off.

Seconding 9thirding) the love for Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. Only issue I have, and it's me being picky, is that Army seemed a little too polished from a production standpoint, whereas Evil Dead 2 was more gritty and the humor was darker. Still, Raimi, Campbell, and crew knocked 'em both out of the park.

Comment

• Love Evil Dead 2 overall.

Love the S-Mart ending of Army of Darkness.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• agreed with Ed...the S-Mart ending of 'Army of Darkness' is superior to the original ending. Ash simply rules in that scene and finishes the movie off in grand, fun form. Love it to death.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What I had heard is that Raimi also liked the S-Mart ending and said the original ending only would have worked if they were going to continue the story.

"Name's Ash, Housewares."
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
              Of course... because it's much more cooler and emotionally satisfying to hear your songs used as an entry theme for professional wrestlers.
              Brilliant!

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
              Seconding 9thirding) the love for Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. Only issue I have, and it's me being picky, is that Army seemed a little too polished from a production standpoint, whereas Evil Dead 2 was more gritty and the humor was darker. Still, Raimi, Campbell, and crew knocked 'em both out of the park.
              I get where you're coming from, Tim. While I prefer the Earthier production from II as well, I think the bigger budget served the locational change of pace and larger scale of Army beautifully. It's probably a necessary step up for tackling that story. Some of the miniature work is just delightful.

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
              Love Evil Dead 2 overall.

Love the S-Mart ending of Army of Darkness.
              As much as I love the title Army of Darkness, especially with the "Bruce Campbell Vs...." billing, I really wish Raimi had got his wish and it'd been called The Medieval Dead. That would've ruled.
              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The Lovely Bones 7.4/10
                Quarantine 5.9/10
                Hereafter 7.9/10
                City of Ember 6.5/10
                Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps 7.7/10
                The Last House on the Left (2009) 7.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Fej View Post
                  The Lovely Bones 7.4/10
                  Quarantine 5.9/10
                  Hereafter 7.9/10
                  City of Ember 6.5/10
                  Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps 7.7/10
                  The Last House on the Left (2009) 7.5/10
                  Are you including the rounds in that Fej?

Comment

• Lovely Bones is a 5/10-er at best.

Can't speak to any of the others.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• 'Lady, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store.'

Yeah, I need to watch this again soon.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I love Zombieland. Stupid amusement park and all (seriously Emma Stone can be as dumb as she fucking wants to be and I will be a drooling fool) I love it to death. I can watch it on a loop.

My GF has no knowledge at all about Evil Dead aside from my framed one sheet, and couple of shirts, and when I finish a quote with "that's from Evil Dead." She has promised to watch them all with me soon.

Comment

• Putting 'Dog Soldiers' on a loop.

Fuck me dead, I love that movie...

Comment

• The only thing decent about that flick are the suits. Otherwise it's "eh"on pretty much every level.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. Dog Soldiers + Doomsday + cleaning a gun and drinking some whiskey = WELCOME TO TESTOSTERONEVILLE

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese OBGYN View Post
                                The only thing decent about that flick are the suits. Otherwise it's "eh"on pretty much every level.
                                Oh yeah?

Well... your face is eh on every level!

Comment

Working...
                                X