Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V View Post
    You forgot "Smell Of A Chick"...

He fucking nailed down what a drunk Ranger is... warrior poet, pussy hound, and misfit.
    It's also the start of his HOO HAH!!! HOOO HAAAAAAAAH!!! phase of acting. I like him in it and I like the film, but he's definitely not subtle.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Collateral is incredible. Agreed with Matt. It should have ended as he said, and it would be right next to Heat for my hot sweaty Mann love.

Comment

• I never realised I had a problem with Collateral until just now.

That ending would have rocked the shit.

Maybe Cruise could've met up with Statham for a beer on his way out of LA.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Oh, speaking of Cruise, I literally just finished watching A Few Good Men. I still have some pretty seismic issues with the final five minutes (tonally - Sorkin's script is the goods) but they are waylaid by the fireworks the film builds throughout.

And as good as the performances are - hell, the casting is half the film - Reiner is the only real issue I have with the film. Bits of it are ugly and he doesn't quite nail down the tone at times (aforementioned final five minutes). Still a pretty great, smart film for grown-ups though. Kinda made me wanna watch A Time to Kill again, but I worry that isn't as good as I remember it being.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
            Wouldn't that have been awesome?
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I never realised I had a problem with Collateral until just now.

That ending would have rocked the shit.

I had the exact same problem as Matt. It made an excellent movie just good.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Oh, speaking of Cruise, I literally just finished watching A Few Good Men. I still have some pretty seismic issues with the final five minutes (tonally - Sorkin's script is the goods) but they are waylaid by the fireworks the film builds throughout.

And as good as the performances are - hell, the casting is half the film - Reiner is the only real issue I have with the film. Bits of it are ugly and he doesn't quite nail down the tone at times (aforementioned final five minutes). Still a pretty great, smart film for grown-ups though. Kinda made me wanna watch A Time to Kill again, but I worry that isn't as good as I remember it being.
                God, I love A Few Good Men. One of my favorites - it's one of those ones I could watch over and over again.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Just watched the The Crazies: Olyphant Edition.

WHAT THE FUCK?

Is it just me or was this actually pretty fucking good? My expectations were admittedly low - I just wanted some glossy, gory fun - but the mercilessness of this film was fucking sweet. And they took it about as far as you can take a film of this ilk. There were still some massive leaps of logic - eg. if the gunship is gonna blow up the car, why not fill the car wash with some gatling gun fire for good measure? - and too many "there's something creepy happening so I'll turn around slowly" type moments, but the final 10 or so minutes totally made up for it. Also, Radha Mitchell gets more and more beautiful every time I see her.

I'm just about to give Daybreakers a go. Hopefully, this will have been a satisfyingly mid-list horror afternoon by the time I get to the end.

Comment

• It's not just you - that move is awesome. Of course I'm somewhat biased because I think I'm in love with Olyphant.
                    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Arrrgh this makes me upset I didn't snag the BD when it was $12.

Comment

• Pirate Radio.

It is Richard Curtis' Down Periscope.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                          It's not just you - that move is awesome. Of course I'm somewhat biased because I think I'm in love with Olyphant.
                          My trip this week was with a guy who looks like a 22-year-old version of Olyphant.

I finally watched IRON MAN 2 last night and it was way better than I was expecting. I had tempered my hopes because some of the reviews weren't all that great but I loved this. I thought Whiplash was going to be a sucky villain but he ended up being great. And Hammer was minor enough that the movie didn't suffer from multiple villain syndrome.

The only problem I had, which is actually Lesley's fault, is that I couldn't stop staring at Rourke's fucked up fingers.

Comment

• So I started watching Daybreakers, but then went and caught a showing of The Social Network.

The shortest 2 1/2 hour movie I've seen in ages. Eisenberg and Timberlake were predictably very, very good. Andrew Garfield really impressed me - I just don't see him as Peter Parker AT ALL. Joseph Mazello was aces in the few scenes he had, to the point that I forgave his annoying, pre-teen awkwardness in Jurassic Park. Rooney Mara is very cute and convincing, but totally wrong for Dragon Tattoo. Armie Hammer is really one to watch, though - he was excellent throughout and his scene with the Harvard President was among my favourites.

Overall, it was a really, really solid film, but the ending left me wanting more. Maybe that's a good thing, because I would have happily sat through another half hour. Whether there is enough story to support that, I don't know, but *spoiler* Timberlake getting busted as your climactic scene felt a bit of a letdown.

Certainly a strong contender come the end of the year and further proof that Sorkin can write dialogue that pops with the best of them and Fincher can't not shoot a scene to perfection.

Comment

• Speaking of Eisenberg, I watched Holy Rolllers on instant. He's pretty good as the movie is alright and kind of short (only 88 minutes) and it follows the usual guy gets into too deep and loses his bearings type story as this one involves Ecstasy.

Because of the small budget and limited focus, there really isn't much to go with character wise and the movie suffers as the story (which is true) isn't given enough room to breathe.

Look for Eisenberg's sister playing the main character's sister.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Arrrgh this makes me upset I didn't snag the BD when it was $12.
                                It's just $13 at Target until 10/30. You have another chance!

Comment

Working...
                                X